Thread: commanded vs WB difference

commanded vs WB difference

Hello all, I'am not understanding why my Commanded A/F is way off vs my Wideband?
    attached are tune and short log.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Magnuson 2300 supercharger, 6#pulley, LSA injectors, ZL1 fuel pump(Fuel pressure gauge shows 56psi idle, drops to 50 psi under load and stays there)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gibsonmustang; 09-16-2022 at 03:58 PM.

Maybe because it's badly tuned and the injector data is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Maybe because it's badly tuned and the injector data is wrong?
    Dang Ward. Weren't you a little hard on the Beaver?
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Senior Tuner
    Do you mean how WB EQ ratio is a number .8-1.2 ish and commanded AFR is 8-15 ish?

Cause its a matter of equivalence ratio verses AFR.

I would log it as commanded EQ ratio vs wideband EQ ratio. Especially since flex fuel is enabled.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

injector data is what came with the magnuson tune... and sorry I'am not a pro, hence the ask for help, maybe i can look for the correct injector scaling and fix that...

Alvin, thank you sir, I'am trying to convert my brain from A/F ratio to Lambda...
    Last edited by Gibsonmustang; 09-16-2022 at 03:42 PM.

It's only had the flow rate changed, all the rest of the injector tables are still stock '09 G8.

(not green = not changed from the stock file)
    screenshot.16-09-2022 16.50.48.png

And even that IFR table is not done right.
    screenshot.16-09-2022 16.50.42.png

It would work fine if N/A, because it's only possible to have pressure delta of between 400 (WOT) and 480 (heavy closed-throttle decel). Lots of stock files are like this, especially early Gen4s, with the cells outside the hittable range just filled with placeholder numbers, because it will never use those. But with boost it's now possible to get into the cells to the left of 400kPa delta. Whatever those injectors are, they definitely do not flow the same at 360kPa delta as they do at 400kPa. And without real data the ECM is calculating the wrong injector pulsewidths because it's being lied to.

From a quick look-thru there's lots more, too. Downstream O2 & cat DTCs are turned off but Post O2 & cat test are still enabled. Desoot mode is still enabled. Your OS has the 2-bar OS available, I'd seriously consider using that. You'd get normal VE tables, and be able to use normal power enrichment for normal stuff and then get boost enrichment on top, and wouldn't have to have PE set up the way it is now (enabled basically anytime it's over 102kPa).

thank you Blindsquirrel, i have alot of research to do...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibsonmustang View Post
    Alvin, thank you sir, I'am trying to convert my brain from A/F ratio to Lambda...
    I would log both in EQ ratio so they are the same units. It doesn't' make sense to use AFR when you are using flex fuel.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs