Thread: dynamic airlfow manifold volume

Advanced Tuner

dynamic airlfow manifold volume

so i just figured out my Dynamic airflow is set for stock intake manifold volume. if i update this for my MSD intake, would i need to re-tune my MAF?

Tuner
    Changing the intake manifold volume value shouldn't have an effect on MAF calibration. I believe that the manifold volume affects transient fueling more than anything else.

Advanced Tuner
    ok thank you!

Senior Tuner
    any change in intake/manifold will need maf/vve to be checked and corrected

Advanced Tuner
    noted. thank you!

The VVE will be impacted the MAF should not, a MAF curve ideally is based on a bench measurement, if the VVE and other aspects, manifold volume, cylinder displacement are correct then the MAF "In theory" should not alter, it is an air measurement device. Where it alters is where the intake is modified impacting the flow through the MAF such the stock calibration is altered.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheelinls1 View Post
    The VVE will be impacted the MAF should not, a MAF curve ideally is based on a bench measurement, if the VVE and other aspects, manifold volume, cylinder displacement are correct then the MAF "In theory" should not alter, it is an air measurement device. Where it alters is where the intake is modified impacting the flow through the MAF such the stock calibration is altered.
    This is what I found as well. Had to adjust VVE after I increased volume but MAF was within 2%.

Advanced Tuner
    nice. thank you 4wheelinls1 & ttz06vette for the insight.