Thread: SD EQ ERR vs. LTFT

Tuner in Training

SD EQ ERR vs. LTFT

So I have been doing SD EQ ERR to dial in the VE tables. I have the AEM UEGO wideband sensor installed just above the stock narrow band on the bank1 sensor 1 side. I dialed in the VE tables over a couple weeks now, and they're pretty spot on. I decided to enable close loop to see how everything was running between the wideband and narrowband sensors. My LTFT bank 1 jumps straight to 29% lean, while my AEM reads rich (around .79). Everything on the bank 2 side reads closer to 0 (under 5%) at .73 lambda. I don't know if i have something setup incorrectly on the editor, or if I'm having an issue with O2's. Resistance on all O2s are good. B1S1 O2 will start off reading around 450mV and then drop off to under 3mV while LTFT B1 jumps to 29%. B2S1 will read around the 450mV mark while LTFT B2 stays +/-5. I haven't found a vacuum leak, haven't seen anything wrong with injectors, and increased desired fuel pressure by 20% (just to make sure there isn't a fueling issue). I haven't experienced any knock, misfire, performance issue with O2s turned off. Any help would greatly be appreciated22-01-07 16-09-30.hpl22-01-07 16-53-54.hpl22-01-08 20-41-56.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Here is the current tune

Closed Loop LTFT 2009 LH6 1500.hpt

Senior Tuner
    have u reset the LTFT in scanner to see if it helps ? if u were using LTFT and u adjust the fuel in OL u have to reset the LTFT as they can still affect fueling in the background

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    have u reset the LTFT in scanner to see if it helps ? if u were using LTFT and u adjust the fuel in OL u have to reset the LTFT as they can still affect fueling in the background
    Yes. I reset the fuel trims twice, wasn't sure if it reset the first time lol. Why would my wideband start reading rich in closed loop? I can set it back to open, and it will immediately start reading back close to stoich. I am not understanding the correlation between the rich wideband reading in contrast to the lean LTFT B1...

Senior Tuner
    swap 02's bank to bank see if the fuel error swaps banks if so then failed 02 sensor if not then looks like a fuel issue for the bank, the other side seems to be cycling as it should

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I thought about doing that, just haven't had the time yet. I will try to get around to it this weekend. What throws me off is that it looks like the B1 sensor starts off reading right, but maybe it is faulty. Just thought I would try and ask here for help too. I will let y'all know what I find out when I get around to it. Hopefully it's just a bad sensor.