Thread: New to tuning. Hard start. trying to tune Idle

Potential Tuner

New to tuning. Hard start. trying to tune Idle

Hi new to Tuning and I have a couple questions. first when trying to start cold it cranks and backfires i stop cranking and go back to cranking and it fires right up. I read a few post where it was the Cam sensor. I put a new one in and still same issue. I checked the wiring. I have 12 going to the Cam sensor with the key on. I have been following Rinkrat456 idle guide. it idles decent, surges a little up to I cut in the LTFM after doing the Idle airflow. then it runs a little rough. can someone take a look at my tune and see if there is something they see and point me in the right direction.

2003 Chevy 2500hd 4x4
    6.0l w. NV4500
    cold air intake
    shorty headers
    Cam is a BTR Truck Torque cam

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Do you have any codes? It is does sound like a missing cam sync, the car will start 50% of the time as it takes a stab, it's like the distributor being 180 degrees out.

Can you log these?

Cam log.png
    Last edited by 4wheelinls1; 01-13-2022 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Add image

Idle spark and fuel trims look fine, you need to add more logging channels, see what is available in the scanner in engine idle section and add away.

Are you Drive by Wire or Drive by Cable?
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Are you Drive by Wire or Drive by Cable?
    It's DBW.

Potential Tuner
    It ended up being a bad cam sensor. I got kicked and got 2 vad ones from the parts store. I put the old one in from before rebuild and starting problem went away.

Quote Originally Posted by 03ChevyCrewCab View Post
    It ended up being a bad cam sensor. I got kicked and got 2 vad ones from the parts store. I put the old one in from before rebuild and starting problem went away.
    Yep, so many cheap poor quality parts on the market these days, pay the extra get Delphi.