Thread: Newbie questions.....Please help.

Potential Tuner

Newbie questions.....Please help.

Hello,

I have a 99 Z71/5.3 which has a cam, heads and exhaust....etc. It "had" a tune from a shop using HP. The ECU went bad and had to replace. Running stock tune now and need to get it tuned again. I want to purchase an hptuners product that will allow me to just input my mod info and get a tune for it. I don't really want to get down to the nitty gritty trying to eek out every possible hp. I just need it to take advantage of the mods and not push the motor to the edge. I was hoping to buy a dongle, request a tune and then blue tooth it from my phone. Is that the way this can work? Any advice/input is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Bryan

Nope, doesn't work that way. Never has and never will, that's just the way it is with HP Tuners.

You can still buy HP Tuners and then have someone do a remote tune for you but that still means you are fully involved in getting it tuned. You will work with the tuner to get things going in the right direction. It will also require that you have a wideband oxygen sensor bought and installed, then wired into HP Tuners so it can be used with tuning.

Then the engine has to be up to snuff as well. Like no intake leaks, exhaust leaks. Fuel pressure must be correct and you better have the correct fuel injectors for the power you want to make. For example here, your 1999 truck from the factory came with 21lb/hr injectors, those are not big enough for a camshaft upgrade and nobody will tune it if you don't have large enough injectors for the power your engine can make.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.