Thread: How accurate is the torque and HP logs on the scanner?

Tuner in Training

How accurate is the torque and HP logs on the scanner?

Just curious how accurate these logs are. I made the HP parameter with the RPM*torque/5252. I only have an aftermarket exhaust, K&N cold air intake and just the
    Chevrolet Performance Stock Replacement Non-DOD Camshaft (NAL-12623063). First time getting knock, first time making a WOT pull after making tranny adjustments too. I'm open to all constructive criticism.

2009 Silverado 5.3L

WOT log 01 (KR).hpl

Senior Tuner
    dosnt really matter how accurate it is if the tune is setup to suit how it is, or if u set up the VTT so its close to actual engine torque then u have to redo the tune to suit as it affects trans stuff, will help to have the idle and cruse areas close to actual as the torque is used in some idle corrections

Side note, if that wideband is right then that means your whole airflow model needs work. Commanded fueling is no where close to actual fueling at wide open throttle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    So far I haven't adjusted the VTT, as of yet. I also need to finish perfecting SD and then tune the MAF. I've been under 50% throttle for the last week or so, and I just wanted to give it a little for once. How would you recommend setting the SD vs MAF correlation? MAF enable at 4000 rpm? I haven't found anyone to really give a precise answer on that.

Senior Tuner
    leave the correlation its fine as is, its always using both vve and maf so keep it like stock 4000 is fine or u can lower it if u want dosnt really matter if the maf and vve are dialed in, for the most of what u have listed in mods the VTT should be fine dont mess with too much stuff at once as getting that fueling correct will also affect those readings, get fuel right first with WB

Tuner in Training
    Thanks!