Thread: Installed LQ4 in 3.8

Tuner

Installed LQ4 in 3.8

In need of wisdom. Just installed a LQ4 into 3.8 Camaro 97. When I stated up the RMPs went to 3000 RMPs and held, no codes. I know tuning in need. What would advance tuners do to get the RMP down then start MAF tuning?

Got the parts from ZZP, was told about the sweet spot that will bolt up and it did.

If the rpms shoot up out of no where with the throttle closed, you have a massive vacuum leak or something is holding the throttle blade open.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Found it and thank you 5FDP. Unfortunately it will not work. RPM went down butt the car was sucking radiator fluid from throttle body area cause of the larger inlet from upper intake manifold. Got my answer. Thank you again 5FDP.

You may already know this but you can do a tb coolant bypass for 50 cents or so. I've run my truck like this for years (78mm 3 bolt ETC TB), AFAIK the only reason GM passed coolant through the TB was for keeping it from freezing up in cold climates. I never logged the difference but in theory a bypass would lower IAT also? Could be wrong so don't quote me, I'm still learning too.