Thread: P59 no start after turbo installation

Tuner in Training

P59 no start after turbo installation

Advice required: p59 6.0 l suburban was running fine on 2 bar SD for months. Pulled off road and installed turbo with forward facing 1/78 primary headers and single t76 turbo , extended vehicle loom for front O2 sensors, top mount water to air Intercooler install and no start. Truck fires instantly but dies. Found I now have no mil error for maf and the map sensor seems to be staying at 27kpa.
    I?m suspicious of wiring either pinched or pulled on map circuit?
    Has anyone else encountered no errors reported even though maf failed correctly causing ecu to not go into SD mode?
    I tried a write entire with the running tube but no difference.
    Alternatively I?m thinking of trying to load a open loop maf only tune to see if it will isolate a map circuit problem
    Any suggestions or advice appreciated
    Last edited by Carlfromkerikeri; 01-11-2022 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Spell check

Senior Tuner
    I would check for the 5V ref and ground wire at the MAP sensor to start with. Did you change the injectors as well?

Post your tune and we can help you get it sorted.

Tuner in Training
    Issue found to be map sensor, 5v feed from ecu with map unplugged and as soon as it was disconnected fault codes showed. Once map reconnect voltage drops to 1v key on ignition off. Have ordered new 2bar map sensor.