Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cammed L86 Questions

Advanced Tuner
    It is odd to me too and makes me feel not 100% on it, but talking with them over messenger I did point out that the website does not show this and neither does the cam card but they assured me it has the same 6 deg advance ground into it as the older version and the fuel lobe is the main change between them.... So yeah I feel the same too.

Advanced Tuner
    I know Ben is helping you now, but out of curiosity I threw your tune settings into mine and did an idle run and then a drive. For me it is a good amount Rich. Then again I am not sure if I have something else going on with mine. It could be helping to point out that I have something wrong.

The idle was not surging which was nice, but did die on me once when coming to a stop and tries to when the A/C compressor comes on or alternator puts heavy load on engine.

drive.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    How was the MAF afr? I was using smokeshows and hjturbos vve math parameter and hjturbos filtering. I was within id say 2 percent max.

Advanced Tuner
    The FT was -5 or -10% on the MAF too. In thinking through things and brainstorming I may have a HPFP leak which mists fuel into the lifter valley and then the PCV pulls it into the intake and creates a rich AFR. That would explain some of what I have happening, but just a theory to test out soon as I can.