Thread: Stock tune file

Potential Tuner

Stock tune file

Needing a stock tune for a 2014 ram with 68rfe

Banned
    Why not just read it from your truck?

Potential Tuner
    Its already been tuned, and the tune is locked cant read it

I guess that's why you save a copy of the truck's stock file.
    2003 2500 QCLB 305/555 NV5600 W/ FAST COOLERS w/ 9 qts Pennzoil Synchromesh, 4x4, Edge CTS for Gauges added with EAS a real Oil psi, LP psi, Oil temp and trans fluid temp, DPP Cool Hose w/ OEM AF Box, Baldwin PF7977, GDP MK-2 FF Kit, OBS Fan Clutch Mod, Steering Box Brace, 1 piece Al driveshaft, On-Board Air w/Horns, BedRug under Color Matched Leer topper.

Banned
    Most definitely have a backup of your stock file saved somewhere. Not all have that option though. My guess in this case the truck was tuned by EFILive autocal with a tune from someone else and the autocal gives no option of saving stock tune, or was tuned with EZLynk which gives no option for saving stock tune either. Truck would need to be returned to stock with whatever device was used to tune the truck in order for the hp tuners to get a stock tune read.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Most definitely have a backup of your stock file saved somewhere. Not all have that option though. My guess in this case the truck was tuned by EFILive autocal with a tune from someone else and the autocal gives no option of saving stock tune, or was tuned with EZLynk which gives no option for saving stock tune either. Truck would need to be returned to stock with whatever device was used to tune the truck in order for the hp tuners to get a stock tune read.
    Dealer can also flaswh back to stock too.

Banned
    Could if that?s the only option available