Thread: Need Advice Please! 6L80E Shifter Positions (Pattern tuning)

Tuner in Training

Need Advice Please! 6L80E Shifter Positions (Pattern tuning)

Hi all,

I am looking to do some tuning on my LSA Swap which has the 6L80/90E platform from a 2013 CTSV.

The original stock vehicle had the following transmission shift positions on the side of the transmission housing:

In the normal linear position on the left side of the CTSV hand shifter is PRND (D being normal drive operation)
    On the right linear side is M (+ and -) for paddle shift

Since I do not have the paddle shifts in my restomod application and am only using PRNDM, I want to set up the transmission the same as a 2014 C7 corvette which also has the 6L80E.

The current configuration on the C7 is:

In the normal linear position on of the C7 hand shifter is PRNDM (D being normal drive operation, M being Paddle Mode)

Transmission C7.jpgTransmission C7.jpgTransmission C7.jpg

What I am looking to achieve is the following:

Set up the M position on the 6L90 by deleting the paddle mode settings and potentially swap this to "Pattern B" which I will set up with higher RPM operating conditions the "Pattern A" (which would be the standard D position)

"Pattern B" would then simply become a sport mode which runs about 750rpm higher across the gear range than "Pattern A" does.

Does anyone know how I can incorporate the C7 tune into the CTSV tune?

Has this been acheived?

The 6L80 platform is very clever and has a very intelligent brain. surely this can be tuned into it!!!

Thanks
    Craig
    Last edited by Crackerbuzz; 01-12-2022 at 02:02 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Or does someone have a C7 Automatic HPT file I can have a look at?

Potential Tuner
    Segment swap the transmission file