Thread: Am I Using The Correct PID???

Tuner in Training

Am I Using The Correct PID???

Like in another post I have a GM Gen 5 L83/6L80 out of a 2017 Silverado that I swapped into a Land Rover Defender and it will run then die. I've narrowed it down to the fuel pressure sensor signal I'm pretty sure but I'm very new to HP Tuners. I'm running the FPCM and the Silverado PWM fuel pump like the stock setup.

I got the 5V ref and the low reference in the inline fuel pressure sensor but the Fuel Line Pressure Sensor Signal is not getting into the ECM. The wiring checks out no physical damage 0.8ohms resistance and I can send the power through it but no voltage showing up when I connect the scanner. I did run through the entire GM circuit test and it says the E92 ECM is bad.

Before I order a new one and have to get Speartech to reprogram it for me I want to make sure I'm reading the correct PID:

ECM-Fuel System-Pressure-Fuel Pressure Sensor (Voltage)

It just shows 0.00V and I'm expecting it should be around 2-3V when running or 5V when I jump the connector. Can someone confirm I'm doing this right???

Thanks in advance,
    Sean

Advanced Tuner
    Have you disabled VATS? What you're describing is what happens when the anti-theft system triggers in the ECM. Even if the fuel pressure sensor isn't working, I'd still expect it to run.

This may be a dumb question, but have you confirmed good fuel pressure by some method other than the sensor?

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I scanned it and confirmed the VATS and the Starter Diag were both disabled, that was my first thought as well. The only codes I'm getting are:

P018B-Fuel Temp Sensor B Circuit Intermittent
    P018C-Fuel Pressure Sensor B Circuit Low
    P018D-Fuel Pressure Sensor B Circuit High
    P023F-Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit/Open

I was sure it was a wiring issue like a short or something but it all checked out. I'm at a loss, I figured at the very least I should get a voltage reading when I jumped the wires.

I just ordered a new ECM for about $300 but from what I read, I guess I'll have to get the dealer or someone else to flash the VIN and operating system on to it before I can transfer my tune over. I can't even drive it yet and I haven't been able to find anyone local so I'll probably have to ship it out.

Thanks,
    Sean

Tuner in Training
    I was using HPT to get my pressure readings:

Requested-60psi
    Pressure SAE-56-57psi
    Fuel Rail-1600+psi

I wanted to put a gauge on it but I'm not sure how to do that without a schrader valve on the fuel rail. I don't want to cut up my braided lines to put some sort of adapter i

Trying to diagnose a possible fuel pressure issue with no way to confirm the fuel pressure - when you figure out how to do this, let the rest of the world know because it will be a game-changer.

Tuner in Training
    Hey, I'm open to suggestions. Like I said I'm new to HPT, is that not a reliable reading coming from the scanner? As well, shouldn't I be getting sensor signal voltage regardless if I have pressure or not?? I can hear the pump prime on initial start up.

Not looking for an argument, I legitimately don't know.

Sean