Thread: VCM scanner not showing anything live figures

VCM scanner not showing anything live figures

Hi everyone was wondering if you could give me something to try and get my VCM scanner to work.
    car is a 2018 Ford ranger PX3 3.2L Auto....cant seem to get any live data figures off any sensor ?
    have connected as directed on the Hp tuners website:
    *have turned ignition key on But haven't started the car
    *Have laptop connceted via USB MPVi2 to OBD02 port
    *turn on VCM scanner
    *Click Connect to Vehicle
    *It connects and in the top left corner it says connected

But no live data at all nothing ? nothing works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQjAOIqu-os&t=67s

me in the youtube link

Tuner in Training
    Have you tried deleting the profile and repolling? Works for me on PX1 manual on the newest beta version, not a lot in there other than map and engine speed throttle%, etc, fuel level.

Quote Originally Posted by happyhallsy8 View Post
    Have you tried deleting the profile and repolling? Works for me on PX1 manual on the newest beta version, not a lot in there other than map and engine speed throttle%, etc, fuel level.
    how do you delete profile and repolling ? i have uninstalled and tried the Beta version but still the same thing no values showing......

you saying there is not alot of stuff showing in the beta version ? what a joke how the crap are we supposed to know what the engine is doing with only MAP and engine speed ?

Tuner
    My experience has been the channel information is wrong unless the engine is running.

Startup a recent beta, connect MPVI2 to laptop, then....
    select HELP -> RESYNC INTERFACE (will need internet connection)

Plug MPVI2 into OBD2 port, start engine, then...
    select VEHICLE -> REPOLL FOR SUPPORTED PARAMETERS, then...
    In the Channel section of the Scanner, right click and and select ADD CHANNEL and add the channels you want.

You shouldn't need to delete the profile, but call out if you're still having problems.
    Ian B
    '15 Holden VF SSVR L77(gone), '19 Ford Ranger PX3 3.2TD, '22 Toyota GDJ150

Quote Originally Posted by VFL77 View Post
    My experience has been the channel information is wrong unless the engine is running.

Startup a recent beta, connect MPVI2 to laptop, then....
    select HELP -> RESYNC INTERFACE (will need internet connection)

Plug MPVI2 into OBD2 port, start engine, then...
    select VEHICLE -> REPOLL FOR SUPPORTED PARAMETERS, then...
    In the Channel section of the Scanner, right click and and select ADD CHANNEL and add the channels you want.

You shouldn't need to delete the profile, but call out if you're still having problems.

Thank you heaps VFL77 for spending your time to help out another brother on HPT.....so yeah i did what you instructed and got 3 live parameters to work out of 26 channels i added quickly to see if it would work.....it wouldn't even bring up your basic Engine RPM, EGTS, or anything else basice only engine coolant temp and boost pressure....WITCH is a DAM Laughing joke.....My GaleBanks Idash Gauge brings up over 70 Parameters thru the obd02 port witch is literal a plug and play connectivity.

somthing is seriously wrong with the VCM software for our ford rangers 3.2 ECM we should be able to be pulling up Retard and advance ignition and Nox sensor and more.....
    this VCM is completely useless and begs the question how are you tuning your ford ranger VFL77 ? are you guessing whats happening after you change stuff on you ECU tabels thru VCM ? also how many live parameters can you get to work on your VCM ?
    Last edited by Aus_spec_ranger; 02-14-2022 at 12:16 AM.

forgot to add somthing for everyone to know......so for the past 2 months back and fourth with HPT support team i opend up a Ticket and they have double checked and confirmed me that OUR ford Rangers SID209 HAVE not been added to there Data-base and thats why alot of stuff is missing or not working. they will get back to me this week with a time frame on when the engineers will complete this for us....

but i guess at this stage VCM is completely useless to us now.

Tuner in Training
    Hmm was working with SID208, definitely only limited parameters though.

Tried the newest version and now only seem to get RPM?

Quote Originally Posted by happyhallsy8 View Post
    Hmm was working with SID208, definitely only limited parameters though.

Tried the newest version and now only seem to get RPM?
    Yep like I said before Completely useless just like the HP tuners Team they got back to me when I asked them for a timeframe to when our ford rangers would be added to there database and they answered Not sure witch equates to " yeah when we will get to it so keep on waiting "
    Completely useless VCM is..... I think I will ask for a refund at this stage this is complete false advertising showing our viehicle was on there list for the HP software

Tuner
    Just clarifying...is the issue to do with the latest release of VCM? If yes, have you tried an older version?. (I'm still on 4.11.555 and it's fine with SID209)
    I have lots of previous releases if people need one (they're all around 170MB so will have to put them somewhere)
    Ian B

Just clarifying...is the issue to do with the latest release of VCM? If yes, have you tried an older version?. (I'm still on 4.11.555 and it's fine with SID209)
    I have lots of previous releases if people need one (they're all around 170MB so will have to put them somewhere)
    So your saying you can use the VCM on your SID209 with with all channels working like Fuel pressure Reg, timing, EGTS, Turbo vane, transmission channels too ?? Like eveything?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus_spec_ranger View Post
    So your saying you can use the VCM on your SID209 with with all channels working like Fuel pressure Reg, timing, EGTS, Turbo vane, transmission channels too ?? Like eveything?
    Yep.
    (did you read your Inbox?)
    Ian B

Yep.
    (did you read your Inbox?)
    See this is the sort of shit that pisses me off......3 months later and the HPT support team couldn't tell me to use numerous older software versions of VCM ? completely useless they are....Last time I bother with a support ticket...... THANKS HEAPS VFL77 would like to to a copy of the older VCM from you

ok so i finally got my VCM scanner to work.....don't ask why its working now because i did the same thing past 3 months and now its just working....go figure....

so i have a EGR question......why arent my EGR values moving at all ? can someone check there EGR values to see if there's move at all on a ford Ranger PX3?
    i circled the values is red.....Interesting how Post EGR cooler temp isnt doing anything like the EGR isnt opening ????? is my EGR really closed at this time ???

EGR.png

Tuner in Training
    EGR bypass is only used in Everest’s.

You need to monitor the EGR valve itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg1986 View Post
    EGR bypass is only used in Everest?s.

You need to monitor the EGR valve itself.
    yeah I am trying to monitor the EGR valve itself but its never doing anything ? that's why i wanted to show everyone the screen shot and ask why its not doing anything EVER ?

thanks for letting me know about the Bypass