Thread: 05 yukon LR4 tuning

Potential Tuner

Question 05 yukon LR4 tuning

I've taken over a friends project car and I'm trying to get the tune dialed in. I know its has a Voodoo medium performance cam, and aftermarkets heads but I'm not entirely sure their specs without taking it apart and running serial numbers. I do know that its got the 4.8 base, K&N cold air intake, and the 5.3 truck intake and fuel rail/injectors. The engine struggles on cold starts below 100F I'll occasionally get a misfire indicator if It isn't at 180+F. It used to surge when idling but that has gone away after I increased the idle rpms. Any advice or pointers to get going?
    1.12.22 Yukon Test to remove idle surging.hpt1.12.22 after idle test tune.hpl

Senior Tuner
    It's not a very big cam. It's idling around 800 rpm at 52 kPa. It's likely their 212/218 cam. It's a good choice for the 4.8L.
    The next step will be to dial in the VE table. After that, you can make changes to the PE tables and timing tables.

Let me know if you need a remote tuner. I'll be glad to get it dialed in for you.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you so much for getting it dialed in. You did an amazing job!

Senior Tuner
    You're welcome Sir!