Thread: 2018 Allroad B9, w/ Simos 18.4, is there an ETA for support by HP Tuners?

Question 2018 Allroad B9, w/ Simos 18.4, is there an ETA for support by HP Tuners?

Started a new thread since my other was mis-titled and I can't change it......

Is there an ETA on Simos 18.4 support, for the 2.0l TFSI in my 2018 Audi A4 Allroad, and a TON of other vehicles??

And in the interim, can anyone point me towards other software/hardware for tuning this platform and the like?

I see Revo and a couple other canned tunes/hardware but, I want calibration tools, not just someone else's files.

Cheers!
    Last edited by mercrising; 01-14-2022 at 06:28 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I don't think many of the support staff frequent the forums-- best option to create a ticket to get in touch with them and/or show interest which may play into their decision process on whether or not to add support.

I found Magic Motor Sport, they have their Flex hardware which is pretty extensive for $1000 pounds, then StageX is their editing software at a monthly rate or some beginner pricing to get your feet wet. Still digging in some but they do quite a lot, and their chat was fantastic service for the little I spoke with them.

Looks like major canned tuned are Revo, Integrated Engineering, and Unitronic. Stage 1's and a flashing unit for about $550-750 or so, ECU only. Their seems to be some support for the 7speed trans at about $650. Flasher is married to your VIN too. Stage 2 upgrades seem reasonable once you down pipe+.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mercrising View Post
    I found Magic Motor Sport, they have their Flex hardware which is pretty extensive for $1000 pounds, then StageX is their editing software at a monthly rate or some beginner pricing to get your feet wet. Still digging in some but they do quite a lot, and their chat was fantastic service for the little I spoke with them.

Looks like major canned tuned are Revo, Integrated Engineering, and Unitronic. Stage 1's and a flashing unit for about $550-750 or so, ECU only. Their seems to be some support for the 7speed trans at about $650. Flasher is married to your VIN too. Stage 2 upgrades seem reasonable once you down pipe+.
    I used a lot IE but the Problem is you cant do anything with it... you can only flash their Tune on that's it. I had a A4 with 2.0T K04 and put the tune on and the Turbo would Surge all the time they could not help me so i switched to a different company. Problem solved.

Tuner in Training SolarSupremacy's Avatar
    I need to tune SIMOS 18.4 for a 2017 Audi A4. Surprised it isn't already supported... what company did you end up going with?
    Owner of Solar Customs

If you want help with tuning, automotive electrical stuffs, or other car mods, add me on Discord: SolarSupremacy

I haven't yet! Been pouring money into v3 of that sill truck in my pic.