Thread: 2007 Caliber 1.8 Manual Tuning for Boost

2007 Caliber 1.8 Manual Tuning for Boost

Hello I am Mik

I am new to Tuning and HPTuners but i have been messing around with the program over the last year or so and i am trying this project out of adding a turbo to the Caliber if possible. I have the MPVI2+. I see a lot of the dodge guys here are challengers and chargers but any help is welcomed big time.

So I pretty much got the turbo kit setup together and using a 2011 lance ralliart turbo. My main concern right now is the fuel injectors. I have 04 PT cruiser gt turbo injectors. They are blue tops 577cc if i am correct. I am just aiming for 200whp starting currently. Nothing to crazy.

When i was doing a read of the ECM it would not auto detect the controller. So i just picked the GPEC I in the list and it loaded everything. Is this normal?

I also cannot seems to figure out how to add knock retard graph on my scanner.

I have attached my stock tune.

I guess I am just looking for starting points to be honest. Cheers!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CaliberGuy05; 01-14-2022 at 11:14 AM.

Well it seems that when i used beta mode it detects the ECM correctly. so that is solved. I am starting to guess that this car has no Knock sensor input?

I have done my first write today and everything went well in beta mode. Next i will be installing the PT crusier 04 turbo injectors and trying to get it to idle and run next.
    Last edited by CaliberGuy05; 01-22-2022 at 07:34 PM.

The car is now fully turbocharged and getting the exhaust put back on with the wideband so I can start messing with things. Any pointers?

Well after a lot of searching here from the challangers and chargers I have finally figured out how to change my AFR. Lots of searching here as there is not much for the caliber. I did use the SRT4 base map here to get started as well and so far so good! just trying to fine tune it now. Maybe even get on a dyno if possible.

If interested you can follow my post here on the cars progress https://www.caliberforumz.com/thread...-3#post-277699

Any questions I will try to answer the best I can. Thank you all!

Potential Tuner
    Didn't you think about PCM swap to the newer one (from Caliber 2011 GPEC2)? It will require some rewiring but maybe it has more options to tune than GPEC.

i can supply you with a base map or i can email tune you.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliberGuy05 View Post
    Well after a lot of searching here from the challangers and chargers I have finally figured out how to change my AFR. Lots of searching here as there is not much for the caliber. I did use the SRT4 base map here to get started as well and so far so good! just trying to fine tune it now. Maybe even get on a dyno if possible.

If interested you can follow my post here on the cars progress https://www.caliberforumz.com/thread...-3#post-277699

Any questions I will try to answer the best I can. Thank you all!
    I spent the time this morning reading your Journey , it was a good read.
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

Hello everyone,

A lot has changed since the last post.

The PCM is working pretty well now. That is interesting to swap it over but then i don't think i would be able to pass emissions if i change the PCM to the newer style.

um about the tune what options are available. i currently am having a problems getting rid of p0133 for emissions and i just got a new cat put on form a exhaust shop.

Rays04tx
    Ah thank you! I hope it is not to confusing as i am still trying to put together everything haha.

Potential Tuner
    What cat did you get? I have one from Magnaflow but it smells horrible.

I am not to sure. But it is one for a exhaust shop around me. I will get some pictures soon. No smell so far!

Also guys i fixed the p0133.... I plugged my 02 sensors up backwards -_-/;/