Thread: 5R110 tuning help after rebuild

Potential Tuner

Question 5R110 tuning help after rebuild

Hello, i recently rebuilt my 5r110 with an alto g3 kit from tcs, as well as input and intermediate shafts and a new converter. Im getting what i would call a delay or a slow shift from 1-2 and from 2-3 under light throttle. At medium throttle input it seems to be a non issue. Im brand new to tuning so im not sure exhaust what m doing, but to me i think this would be something to change in the clutch fill time? Now under shift properties - Ramp- clutch fill time, is this value the actual time require for the fluid to fill the pistons to fill and clutch to apply or is this the requested time? I've also turned off all adaptive and torque based shift scheduling or at least so I think.
    Feel free to take a look at my tune and give suggestions, like i said im new to it so ive just been changing things very gradually.6.0 tune 15 03-16-2023.hpt

So? I don?t know if it?s the ?right? way but this is how I tightened up my shifts..

Pressures- I jacked mine up, some more than others.

Overall slip- decrease this table. Mine have been decreased a lot you can do them by percentages (highlight the whole table and multiply it by .90, that would be a 10% decrease. .80 would be a 20% decrease and so on)

Torque transfer time: again decrease by percentages

Initial slip time: again decrease this table by percentages.

Little bit at a time in the areas you need until you get what you want.

I have changed clutch fill times also? but that was mainly on downshift because it was slamming into 2nd while in tow haul and it fixed it.

Btw I have not looked at the file you posted this is just me speaking off my memory

This injector PW map looks terrible, not to mention the torque tables are way off!

Your torque tables will have a huge impact on how your trans shifts. Try getting those in order and see how it goes. They need to look similar to stock but obviously with more torque if you are adding power. Be reasonable with it.

More torque the harder the shift

less torque the softer the shift.
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

Potential Tuner
    projectinf would you be willing to share your tune file for those trans adjustments?

2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift