Thread: TCC "Grabbing" - How to smooth the lockup?

Potential Tuner

Question TCC "Grabbing" - How to smooth the lockup?

I have a 10R80 with a CircleD 245mm. The lock up RPM and shift points are fine. The issue is when it does lock up, it really-really grabs the engine hard, sometimes dropping 1,600 RPM or more. This is fine for WOT, but not great at part throttle or when coming out of a turn.
    I talked to the folks at CircleD and they said it can be tuned to smooth that out.

I'm curious if anyone knows which HPT tables would be most appropriate to smooth out / ramp the locking of the converter?

Any pointers on which tables I can investigate? I had bought the Tuning School Ford Transmission Guide in hopes it would be more elaborate on what each tables does, but it's really more of a cookbook than anything (click here, change x to y).

Specs: 2019 Mustang GT w/ Whipple - 10R80. CircleD 245mm (will be swapping to 258mm) with the McLeod metals rebuild kit.

Any help is appreciated.

90378673-NOV-576.JPG
    Last edited by ripvanbl; 01-15-2022 at 03:17 PM.

sure this can be tuned, everything is there try ramp rate first

Potential Tuner
    Thank you @veeefour. For some reason the forum didn't send me a notification of your reply.
    The only option I seem to have is the Safety Margin. I've seen a lot of other posts talking about TCC Ramp, but I'm guessing those are for different transmissions.
    tcc-ramp-options.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by ripvanbl View Post
    Thank you @veeefour. For some reason the forum didn't send me a notification of your reply.
    The only option I seem to have is the Safety Margin. I've seen a lot of other posts talking about TCC Ramp, but I'm guessing those are for different transmissions.
    tcc-ramp-options.JPG

Hi, have you found something that helped? I went over all tables we have now available, not non of them do job