Thread: Torque Management Information

Tuner

Torque Management Information

I'm gonna try and make it short and quick. Of course I'm new to tuning. I'm just trying to get my vehicle dialed in.
    2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic - Did a LQ4 swap engine side is running ok. 4L60E blew up in less than 3 days. Lol! I rebuilt it with upgrades to last till I get a 4L80E. The help and information I'm asking for is. I'd like to take 30% - 50% Torque management out of the tune. Is that possible? If anyone has any steps, guidance, or direction to this properly? I'd appreciate it. Great forum! Great members! Thanks in advance

Here's the tune I been running.
    2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic 6.0L 4L60E 2WD.5.3 Trans Para.Blue Cat Tables.1 Inch Small.hpt

Engine side torque mngt can be taken away but leave everything there for the transmission.

Raise the max torque vs rpm table way up, raise the torque limit vs rpm's max torque up as well. Turn off abuse mode, set it to 7,000rpm and 0 mph.

Turn off brake torque mngt in the system options tab, change the 1 to a zero to turn that off.

The PE stuff is very very lazy. Raise the MAP KPA enable to 80%, lower the enable torque to 50%. Lower the TPS hot/cold enable from 90% to 65%. Remove the 0.8s time delay and lower the RPM delay to 1,500rpm.

Change the EQ ratio so that it's 1.200 from 3,600rpm to 7,200rpm.

Just doing those things should make it feel a lot better.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

So you want less trans tq management than the tune that blew up the trans in 3 weeks? That... does not seem wise.

There are several tables in there that are zeroed out for reasons I can't figure out. Shift pressures are also lower than a stock file I'm looking at for reference.

How about you post up a file with all the trans stuff changed back to stock, except the shift point changes you have now. Stock pressures, timing, TQ reduction. Than I don't have to spend an hour un-breaking it just to get back to a reasonable starting point.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Engine side torque mngt can be taken away but leave everything there for the transmission.

Raise the max torque vs rpm table way up, raise the torque limit vs rpm's max torque up as well. Turn off abuse mode, set it to 7,000rpm and 0 mph.

Turn off brake torque mngt in the system options tab, change the 1 to a zero to turn that off.

The PE stuff is very very lazy. Raise the MAP KPA enable to 80%, lower the enable torque to 50%. Lower the TPS hot/cold enable from 90% to 65%. Remove the 0.8s time delay and lower the RPM delay to 1,500rpm.

Please forgive my newbie ignorance. I followed everything until "The PE stuff is very lazy. I'm working on an 04 Tahoe and it's an absolute turd off the line. During logs it's showing 368lb/ft I know that's not accurate, but it won't break the tires loose to save it's life. When we started tuning it was lucky to hit 320.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

Please forgive my newbie ignorance. I followed everything until "The PE stuff is very lazy. I'm working on an 04 Tahoe and it's an absolute turd off the line. During logs it's showing 368lb/ft I know that's not accurate, but it won't break the tires loose to save it's life. When we started tuning it was lucky to hit 320.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh462 View Post
    Just saying '04 Tahoe' doesn't narrow it down very much. SI shows 5 different available engines, and that's not to mention 2WD vs 4WD, or what rear gear/tire size you have. All of this is why it's in all the sticky posts that "If you want help post your tune file and a log". You even quoted a guy who has that very advice in his signature!