Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6l80 TUTD programming help in a restomod

6l80 TUTD programming help in a restomod

Hey guys , we build a 1970 chevelle with a Lsa/6l80 from a 2011 ctsv. It?s wired with a e67 Ecm and t43 Tcm. I?m using the sft-5000 and approiate harness from zero gravity performance which is just a late model gm factory shifter from a Malibu I believe. I?ve got the correct wire in pin 7 of the tcm harness connector and have been playing with the tcm tune for days trying to get it to work in tap shift mode. When I pull the shifter all the way back the pcm sees that at m5 and I have the range active set at m5 to supposedly go into tutd mode when it sees that . My shifter has PRND5 . When I pull it all the way to 5 that?s what it shows in the tune software. I?ve read several similar threads here about this and copied what people have been doing in the tune to get it working with no luck. I?ve seen that some say the tcm needs a tune from a vette so I copied all that info over into the tcm tune also. Even just read someone say it Caint be done with a e67 but some say it?s possible. Just need some advice to help move forward.
    E67 o.s 12639469
    T43 o.s. 24256125

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Pooles Mill Rods; 01-16-2022 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Additional info

Post up your Tune file for a better response...
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

just gave it a shot . hope it works .

just gave it a shot . hope it works .

I'm no expert on this....
    It seems like it should work... Have you Tested the button to see if it is actually sending a signal to the TCM (I wish I know what that was: Tap up = Ground... Tap Down = +5V, ETC...

Anyway, do you get any action on that signal wire?
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

I haven?t tested the signal to the tcm as I?m not sure what to test for. When I put it in D5 which should tell the tcm /pcm to be in TUTD mode it never changes from ?normal? mode. I?ve tried touching up and down while in D5 but nothing.

What was it configured to originally?

I know I segment swapped a CTSV into my 2011 Camaro. I cant remember what was different, but is was something like the Patten call out. Until I got that right my TUTD didn't work (I had to mirror my patterns from my Camaro into the V)...
    I've since switched it for different reasons...

I'll see if I can figure out what the signals are

Not sure if this applies to E67.... But it calls out signal resistances to build your own switch.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...t-no-BCM/page2

I saw a Speartec shift box that works for E38 and specifically says WONT WORK with E67...

Still searching

I?m going to compare all the pattern settings today and see if that helps . Yea I?m worried about the e67 situation but apparently several people have made it work. Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Pooles Mill Rods View Post
    I?m going to compare all the pattern settings today and see if that helps . Yea I?m worried about the e67 situation but apparently several people have made it work. Thanks for your help
    Lets us know what you find.
    I know there is a solid answer out there on the differences

From another Forum they sat contact Jim at Zero Gravity.
    They say he can re flash a custom OS for you if necessary
    Last edited by dhoagland; 01-17-2022 at 09:06 AM. Reason: added comment

Well I spoke with Jim as he?s also who we purchased the shifter kit from. He said I had the tune correct and we double checked the wiring. He said unfortunately sometime you just can?t get it done with hp tuners and would require me sending him my ecm and tcm for a custom bench flash. Don?t know what we?re gonna do as the customer sounds like he doesn?t care if it works but it?s driving me mad and I want to get it working.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooles Mill Rods View Post
    Well I spoke with Jim as he?s also who we purchased the shifter kit from. He said I had the tune correct and we double checked the wiring. He said unfortunately sometime you just can?t get it done with hp tuners and would require me sending him my ecm and tcm for a custom bench flash. Don?t know what we?re gonna do as the customer sounds like he doesn?t care if it works but it?s driving me mad and I want to get it working.
    Dang, that is frustrating...

Whatever came from this??

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

+1 more for wanting to know how or what happened. I'm dealing with this issue currently.

I don't want to speak for the OP....

But my ASSUMPTION from this thread is he had to send his TCM, possibly ECM too, to Zero Gravity...
    Probably might want to reach out to Jim.

For the record.
    I'm not affiliated with them in anyway, I'm just passing on info that I have found trying to help an individual troubleshoot an issue.

I too, would really like to know what the final answer was...

Your probably right. I believe we have remedied out problem with the TUTD on a 2018 L83/6L80E swap from a pickup we put into a 55 Bel Air by using Mr. Dalton Edwards information when running a truck tune, no BCM and the T43 TCM. We'll know tomorrow. We used a Kilduff shifter with this setup.
    Last edited by Covert1; 06-22-2022 at 11:56 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by Covert1 View Post
    Your probably right. I believe we have remedied out problem with the TUTD on a 2018 L83/6L80E swap from a pickup we put into a 55 Bel Air by using Mr. Dalton Edwards information when running a truck tune, no BCM and the T43 TCM. We'll know tomorrow. We used a Kilduff shifter with this setup.
    Sounds good, Let us know how it works out

Tuner in Training
    What became of this?

Tuner in Training
    One thing I realized working on my TU/TD is to confirm the manual mode in the TCM. So open your VCM Scanner, add Trans Shift Mode and Trans Current Gear, shift into manual mode, and see what comes up. My 2012 6L80e is D5.

Tuner in Training
    guys and gals, I don't have it solved yet either but review this:
    2007 LS3 6.2/6L80E out of a Yukon now in my '91 Camaro with many mods/upgrades to both eng and trans.
    My TUTD was not working so for grins I loaded the 2007 paddle shift trans tune, From the HPT tune repository). TUTD worked great. I drove it four times around the hood. Two times I had issues with the display not showing correct gear selection and very hard shifting while selecting through P R N D so I reloaded my original tune. I had a similar situation with shifting when I first put this together and my remote tuner figured out we had to turn off P2543. ( I think that is correct) I cannot remember how to do that! I matched everything from the Vette tune into my current trans tune and still no TUTD. So... I am missing something in the Vette tune any Ideas?