Thread: Error Code: -81 when import template

Tuner in Training

Error Code: -81 when import template

Hello all,

I just edited the existing template by changing some parameters and add my own stuffs. Then I tried to save the template as a rrt file, and when I tried to load the new data (csv) using the template, here comes the following error:

"Unable to read file

Error Code: -81

I am using Mac version RaceRender 3.7.3

This really makes me frustrated, since I spent 2 hours on my own template and now I could not use it anymore.

By the way, I tried to make a template all my own, not like the previous one that started from other's work, and the template could be successfully imported. Wired...

Tuner in Training
    This is the template that I could successfully load (made all my own):Project - Kart.rrt
    This is the template that I could NOT successfully load (made from HoboBob's work):Data - ZENS37 Kart.rrt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by le8gn View Post
    Hello all,

I just edited the existing template by changing some parameters and add my own stuffs. Then I tried to save the template as a rrt file, and when I tried to load the new data (csv) using the template, here comes the following error:

"Unable to read file

Error Code: -81

I am using Mac version RaceRender 3.7.3

This really makes me frustrated, since I spent 2 hours on my own template and now I could not use it anymore.

By the way, I tried to make a template all my own, not like the previous one that started from other's work, and the template could be successfully imported. Wired...
    This happened to me with one of my other templates recently too... Fortunately, I was able to just load up one of my previous projects and just save over the template again. Then I was able to create a new project from the newly saved template.

No idea why this would stop working...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    This happened to me with one of my other templates recently too... Fortunately, I was able to just load up one of my previous projects and just save over the template again. Then I was able to create a new project from the newly saved template.

No idea why this would stop working...
    Thank you for your reply! By the way how could you save over the previous template? I did not see any "save" icon in the software. Did you just export it with the same template name to overwrite it?

Tuner in Training
    Alright, I saved the project using new template (the one edited based on HoboBob's template), and I still could not open the project rrp file. It popped up this error message:
    Failed to load project file.

Error Code: -91

I feel helpless.

Tuner in Training
    I finally solved this!

At first, I thought that if I cannot reuse the template as a whole rrt file, maybe I could try saving individual modules (such as team logo, track map, etc.) so that at least I could reuse them as rro files one-by-one.
    I export all personally edited shapes (like team logo) and enhanced objects (like G-Force Peak in other fonts) into new rro files. I tried to import those rro files and they worked.
    Then, magic happened! Since I had already saved all stuffs into rro files, I tried to save all items as a whole into rrt template. WOW, IT JUST WORKED (but I didn't know why)! I can import the new rrt template successfully!

Hope this reply can help who suffers from error code -81