Thread: high rev on startups

Advanced Tuner

high rev on startups

greetings. the firt time i installed this tune the vehicle started and didnt rev over 900rm now its revving over 1200? really dont want it that high. what did i do wrong for it to now rev that high on startups? thanks in advanced!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2gnx View Post
    greetings. the firt time i installed this tune the vehicle started and didnt rev over 900rm now its revving over 1200? really dont want it that high. what did i do wrong for it to now rev that high on startups? thanks in advanced!
    Have you taken a log of startup while viewing "Idle Desired RPM"?

Might be worth viewing that PID to see if it's commanding idle to be that high on startup, or if it's that the high idle at startup is a condition of base airflow settings being too far away from what they should be, such that it induces an idle speed much higher than what you want, and it just takes the adaptive trims a moment to reign it in to what the desired speed is.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Have you taken a log of startup while viewing "Idle Desired RPM"?

Might be worth viewing that PID to see if it's commanding idle to be that high on startup, or if it's that the high idle at startup is a condition of base airflow settings being too far away from what they should be, such that it induces an idle speed much higher than what you want, and it just takes the adaptive trims a moment to reign it in to what the desired speed is.
    thanks again boostjunky for your reply! i will log desired idle rpm. on the airflow for startup i cut the values by 1/2 for startup to get it down below the 900 rpm range and cut some fuel as well. i flashed the tune again last night and it worked last night, ill see how she acts when i get home. again, i appreciate any and all help!
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

That VE table has an improbable large step in it around those RPM, the VE is where the airflow calculation comes from, that needs to be smoothed and corrected as the idle control is torque/airflow based.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheelinls1 View Post
    That VE table has an improbable large step in it around those RPM, the VE is where the airflow calculation comes from, that needs to be smoothed and corrected as the idle control is torque/airflow based.
    ok ool, thanks for the lookout. how do i tune VE without downstream o2's? i will try to smooth out those areas for now.