Thread: 2013 Mustang GT Roush stage 3 - FIC1000h injectors - High Fuel trims

Potential Tuner

2013 Mustang GT Roush stage 3 - FIC1000h injectors - High Fuel trims

After installing FIC1000h injectors I'm getting high fuel trims, especially at idle and lower RPMs. I Used the injector data from FIC's website. Created a MAF histogram, in the scanner to try to tweet the MAF curve. But the fuel trims seem to get worse. Any help would be great. Tune and log attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Factory fuel system on this car?

DW95, FIC1000 same injector but ID1000 offers the best data.

Potential Tuner
    Basically a factory fuel system with a 2015 fuel hat and DW400 pump.

Thanks veeefour. I'll try the ID1000 injector data.

I don't think the data is the issue. Try setting your inferred rail pressure low table back to stock , it is set to 51 psi which will cause the ECU to request more fuel under low fuel flow conditions through the multiplier tables.

For example, if you have it inferring 51 psi fuel pressure at idle but it is actually higher, the logic will end up requesting more fuel via injector pulse width than needed, creating rich fuel trims.

Potential Tuner
    Definitely an improvement using the ID1000 injector data. Changing the low inferred rail pressure back to 55 psi, fuel trims were worst around idle and better say above to 2000 RPMs.

Like I said...

Starting from 1000cc and above I mean 1200cc, 1700cc and 2200cc injectors are never gonna be smooth.
    Just need to remember this,those are big squirters designed for motorsport not for ideal idle and superior driveability.

You need to hook up an external fuel pressure sensor and and setup your inferred tables to make it even better.

Tuner in Training
    Do you have the file I have a 15 hat with a dw400 and 1000cc Injectors and having three same problem with fuel trims