Thread: Couldn't Write the previous tune my car had

Potential Tuner

Couldn't Write the previous tune my car had

Hey guys! I have a 2014 Mustang GT that my friend and I previously tuned. We used an MPVI2 to tune the car before, licensed it everything was normal.

Now, I sold my car and the new owner is having problems with it. Car wouldn't run or even idle right, i read his current tune, (using the same mpvi2 that we tuned at the 1st place) and noticed the tune was gone and its now back in stock form. (New owner said he had it diagnosed by ford and probably ford flashed a stock tune on it).

I wanted to write back our old tune but it says "Unlicensed Vehicle". Does that mean we'll have to use the current file the car has, license it and just copy our previous tune on to it? Or is their a way we can write its previous tune where it was running right? Without Licensing it again.

My friend who I tuned with died recently, so i couldn't just buy credits for his mpvi2 because I don't have access to his HPTuners account.

Hope you guys can help me find a solution.
    Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    It sounds like the strategy code has probably changed. When Ford wrote the new stock tune on, they may have written an updated strategy that's different than the original stock strategy. The only way I know of to do what you want would be to license the new strategy, then open your tune in compare mode and copy all the changes over to their new tune, and write that.