Thread: 1998 Corvette rev limit wont raise

Tuner in Training

1998 Corvette rev limit wont raise

Hi, have raised all items to 8000 but car still hits a limit at 6600 ish. It does it in second as well as 3rd. 6.0 with d1 and 2 bar map. will attach tune and log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The airflow looks unstable at high RPM, are you sure this is not valve float? If you do that then bump the car into neutral does it run rough? If you do a pull out of boost does it have the same limit or go higher?

Tuner in Training
    Hi, we are fighting belt slip and the boost is moving around 1-3 psi. It is making about 13 psi, this is a new build with a smallish cam with new springs, doesnt feel like a valve issue as it hits violent like a ignition cut, it was consistent at 6500 then tried changing some DFCo settings and this was that log, first time I made it to 6700. We took off the green Gates belt and put on a normal black belt and it smoked the belt first pull and made only 5 psi, I could put that back on and do a second gear pull just to check rpm limit as a test.

Its worth a try, possibly out of spark but oddly sudden, you could lower the plug gap.

I just noticed in the log it goes gear 3-2-3 right after you back off, that's weird, may just be a glitch.