Thread: MAF OL Tuning - Reduced Power when on Throttle

Exclamation MAF OL Tuning - Reduced Power when on Throttle

Good Afternoon fellow tuners! So im in OL and MAF only i think - Took the car around the block and made it! but not before my car went into limp mode im guessing because it went SUPER Lean 3300Hz on the MAF. Is this something I just multiple by half on and rinse and repeat until I stop hitting limp mode?

Attached is my log which fairly short and the tune I was running while logging. Thanks for any suggestions or help ALL!

Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lean conditions do not trip REP.

You have two throttle body codes tripped in that log. P1516 and P2101, those will cause REP.

Looks like this engine isn't stock anymore. Is it running a different throttle body now?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

You have two throttle body codes tripped in that log. P1516 and P2101, those will cause REP.

Looks like this engine isn't stock anymore. Is it running a different throttle body now?
    Hello 5FDP - Correct it has 102 TB Drive by wire. But only does it when I give it gas.

Change TB and most likely will be fixed

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    I suggest to keep the TB and write this file. Good luck

LS7Maro4 -OL-MAF 15% - Gustavo.hpt
    Last edited by Gustavo; 02-20-2022 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post

Thank you Gustavo! It is definitly worth a shot will give your tune a go. I see the changes you applied mainly in Airflow Correlations area.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Change TB and most likely will be fixed
    I figured I would get this response being its not a NW 102mm fair enough, however I have seen those just as bad as well. But you could like be right!

Well seems like I still got the same Issue Gustavo but I do apperciate the HELP always! Definitly didnt hurt to try the tune fix.

Attached are the log and tune I was running at the time again. If anyway has any other suggestions besided change the TB, which could be my next move
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Been doing some digging thought I would share what I found as far as P1516 goes.

"For all experiencing the dreaded P1516 DTC, know that at least one of the reasons the PCM kicks out this code is that you have a lean spot in your tune and it is trying to protect the motor. This "tidbit" of information has NOT BEEN WELL SHARED anywhere that I could find. There are many causes for the P1516 ... one of them is what I have described."

Not the end all be all but 1 of many possible causes for this Code.

Chris

Tuner in Training
    I have swapped this 102 into my Caprice and it did work perfectly. However; when resetting the TB via scanner, power reduced kicks back in.

Tuner in Training
    There's one fix that had been applied to a friend's car, where the nut (that's preventing the full closing) which holds the TB blade had to be unscrewed allowing the blade to be free. That for (him) did the fix.

There's one fix that had been applied to a friend's car, where the nut (that's preventing the full closing) which holds the TB blade had to be unscrewed allowing the blade to be free. That for (him) did the fix.
    Thank you Gustavo for the added info and thoughts. I really apperciate your help! Interesting on the screw removal. I would have to see the inside I guess before I completely understand..