Thread: 11-14 vw routan (grand caravan / town & country) 3.6 pentastar tune

Tuner in Training

Question 11-14 vw routan (grand caravan / town & country) 3.6 pentastar tune

Have a customer asking if im able to tune his 2014 Volkswagen Routan which is literally a redone sister vehicle to the dodge grand caravan and chrysler town and country of the same year. This person is an hour away so i couldn't just plug in to see what would read but i had him find the pcm and show me pictures of the part number which is a direct match for the FCA vehicles (Gpec2) and has the chrysler logo on it so i know its nothing special there. It shares the same 62te trans and 3.6 pentastar which im familiar with tuning already. Just wondering if anyone has has run into one of these or has one around them to see that it is in fact a direct match or if it may need some sort of definition or guidance so to speak to read and write properly if its already been implemented in the other vans.

On paper i can assume this will read as the other models do but of course when you cross FCA with VW who knows what weird things can go on here lol. I cant for the life of me find one of these vans for sale at any dealers either or i would test drive it and test for myself. Anyone possibly have one in your family to test out? lol. Just making this post to ensure i wouldn't waste their time on the matter in the case i cant actually tune them. Thanks in advance.

I'm guessing since it's been so long you figured this out, but it should work just the same as a Caravan. In fact, when pulling my stock read, my DGC identified as a Volkswagen Grand Caravan. :P