Thread: 2005 Cummins - Not seeing any SCI duplicate parameters

Tuner in Training

2005 Cummins - Not seeing any SCI duplicate parameters

According to this link I should have some duplicate SCI parameters but I'm only seeing SAE. Do I have to apply the enhanced data stream just to get the SCI scanning capability?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...er-Information

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoBee View Post
    According to this link I should have some duplicate SCI parameters but I'm only seeing SAE. Do I have to apply the enhanced data stream just to get the SCI scanning capability?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...er-Information
    Yes. That's exactly what the OS patch is for.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, so when I open the tune and click OS it gives me the option to select the enhanced data stream. When I do that, the option disapears. I do a save as and rename the file, close the current then write the new file to the ECM. Is that how it's supposed to work? Just curious because of the very scary message that says I could brick my ECM if I don't do it right.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoBee View Post
    Ok, so when I open the tune and click OS it gives me the option to select the enhanced data stream. When I do that, the option disapears. I do a save as and rename the file, close the current then write the new file to the ECM. Is that how it's supposed to work? Just curious because of the very scary message that says I could brick my ECM if I don't do it right.
    Follow the on screen instructions exactly as stated, and you'll be fine.

Tuner in Training
    I did follow the instructions. No worky. Still no SCI duplicate parameters show up. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Here's what I did.

- Opened the tune file.
    - Selected the OS icon.
    - Selected the enhanced data stream button.
    - Performed a save-as and renamed the file.
    - Performed an ECM write of that file.
    - Opened VCM scanner, connected the truck and see no other duplicate parameters. They're all still SAE.

Tuner in Training
    A big nevermind. I got it working. Guess you have to actually start the truck to get those parameters to compile.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Follow the on screen instructions exactly as stated, and you'll be fine.

Not to hijack the thread but I?m trying to shoot BoostJunky a message but his Inbox is full! Anyway i can contact him another way or get a pm from him? Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Hopping on hear... I got an 05 with the exact same issue. I applied os patch and nothing. Just get the ect, iat, map, tps, rpm, speed. I need to see the timing, duration, quantity, fca current actual vs desired etc bur they don't work. Any help appreciated

Disconect and reconnect with vcm scanner on mine can take 10 try

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MAIDENCR View Post
    Disconect and reconnect with vcm scanner on mine can take 10 try
    Figured it out. Had to unplug my cts3 as I'm using a obd2 splitter cable