Thread: Correct fuel pressure.

Potential Tuner

Correct fuel pressure.

hey people just need to know what fuel pressure I should be at and if its time to pull the trigger on a new fuel pump. 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 ls9. afm/dod delete texas speed stage 3 high lift cam, ls7 lifters, new pushrods, btr double beehive springs, btr trunion upgrades, circle d stall, and a wicked tune from efi performance. truck has been running good for a few months but seems to be sluggish now. had some lean codes p0174,p0175 and a annoying p0300 well we did check the maf (replaced with new gm unit), new gm intake manifolds, checked all injectors and orings, new plugs and wires, coil packs have about 175k on them I know I should prob change them. but I'm getting about 43 psi at idle and it dosnt move to 53-56 psi until about 5k rpm. any help I would appreciate and possible what brand and model to go with for my current engine setup. thanks in advance.

If you post the tune file we can avoid a whole bunch of questions and wasted time - "did you turn this off?" "has that been changed?" "what about that other thing you need to do that gets overlooked pretty often?" - It's quicker and easier to look and point out specifics instead of trying to guess.

Having 42-43psi of fuel pressure at idle is normal on trucks with a fuel pump control module. The increase to around 55-60 under heavy load is normal as well.

A stock flex fuel pump is the only thing I'd replace it with if staying NA, it can more than handle the power this engine makes. But with what you say, I'd do exactly see a problem with the fuel pressure being described.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.