Thread: AEM Wideband disappears

Potential Tuner

AEM Wideband disappears

I haven't had to have my car tuned in almost 2 years. I have a 2017 Camaro SS. I have a remote tuner Pray Performance. I switched from a MSD Manifold to a Holley High Ram. I went to do a data log and my wideband channel keeps disappearing. I have repolled and tried resyncing but nothing has worked. I have the AEM wideband with OBDII plug in. The guage works fine in the car just when I go to data log it disappears. Any help or has anyone had the same problem.

Similar here.

Advanced Tuner
    How did you select the channel ?

Potential Tuner
    I want to thank Eric at technical support at HP Tuners. He was able to remote access my computer and fix the problem. It wasn't my AEM X-Series OBDII Wideband but on the program side with HP Tuners. Big shout out to the Eric and the whole tech support team at HP Tuners

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeysupe View Post
    I want to thank Eric at technical support at HP Tuners. He was able to remote access my computer and fix the problem. It wasn't my AEM X-Series OBDII Wideband but on the program side with HP Tuners. Big shout out to the Eric and the whole tech support team at HP Tuners
    What did they fix?

Tuner in Training
    I currently have to reboot my laptop anytime I go from editor to scanner or the wideband will disappear. It's a PIA but I can tune with it, just takes me forever. I really wished I could figure out why it does that.

Senior Tuner
    Its a common problem. I see it with analog inputs as well.

We do remote tuning for people and people send logs with the wideband missing where it normally works for them.

I wish something could be done to make this more reliable. Sometimes its a flat out fight to get them to log and you miss cold starts etc.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    I wonder if I go through the EGR wire instead of serial to usb if that would solve the reboot issue. Flashing and rebooting is becoming a pain.
    Last edited by midTnMike41; 03-30-2022 at 10:58 AM.