Thread: LQ9 with PO1 PCM tuning help

Potential Tuner

LQ9 with PO1 PCM tuning help

Hello,
    I just got my project running after years of life getting in the way. It is a 2002 LQ9 with the Po1 pcm/T56 from 02 camaro in a 72 c20 long bed that identifies as a c10 short bed.

The only real changes were:
    EPS cam 222/226 @ 113 lsa, .597/.598 lift
    tri Y headers
    LS2 injectors

The first problem-
    I am running this SD only no MAF so I ended up getting an IAT sensor from a 2000ish Buick Regal GS and stuck it in the intake.
    The IAT is reading -38 all the time, so I am curious if anyone has a sensor curve available for that on hand.
    I found a tune file in the repository but no luck.
    Shouldnt that have the same curve as the factory lq9?
    I suppose it could be the wiring, I would have to go look and see which wires I used from the MAF harness.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It’s reading -38 Bc it’s not getting power or ground to the Iat

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    That makes sense. I wasn't 100% sure on the wiring when I installed it, I'll track it down tomorrow morning. Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    The IAT sensor is fixed, I grabbed the wrong wire when I relocated it.
    Next issue is the oil pressure, it is reading -15.4. Could that be a voltage issue as well?

Senior Tuner
    If you're trying to read the oil pressure through HP Tuners, it won't work with that PCM.

Potential Tuner
    Got it, that sensor is just for the cluster than?
    Just so im clear on this, +fuel trims mean its running lean and the pcm is adding fuel right?

P01 Corvettes used a 3-wire oil pressure sensor wired direct to the PCM (and the cluster then got its info over class2), but to enable those pins to read the signal you'd need to change to a Corvette OS. Camaro & P01 trucks used a plain sensor wired direct to the IPC. When trucks changed to P59 they also changed to a real 3-wire oil pressure thingie.

Potential Tuner
    I have more issues lol, I really didn't know what I was doing almost 10 years ago when I built this thing and ended with parts that I don't know are even compatible. Most were probably a waste of money like changing the truck intake to the tbss intake. The injectors are probably not needed either, oh well live and learn I guess.
    The injectors are from a ls2 gto and the throttle body is a silver blade ls2.
    I had a psi harness built with the right connectors to make all that work but Im not sure of the tuning for them.
    Im not sure my injector tables are all correct either and cannot remember what vehicle I pulled the tables from.

Also I was running it a little today. I put exhaust on it and the stft's are now - instead of +, I was pulling fuel from the ve table but it doesn't seem to affect it.

As always any input is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files