Thread: 1500ms pulsewidth on 1 injector

Tuner

1500ms pulsewidth on 1 injector

Hey guys, I put a stage 2 Whipple kit on a 2019 mustang and also installed a set of long tubes, dual pump kit, ID1050x injectors, a smaller 3.5" pulley, and the 132mm tb from whipple. The car runs like crap so I logged injector pw and one is at 1500ms while all the others are at 1ms. I am using IDs data for return style systems using 55psi on their spreadsheet as that is what the car is at while the engine is running. I am using the Whipple base file and the ID data and it seems to be doing the best compared to just using a stock file w/ id data and the tb data. Any ideas are helpful at this point because we have run out. See tune and log attached.
    1500ms pulsewidth.hpl Write 4, stock whipple cal, id data.hpt
    2015 Sierra 4wd CC L83/6l80 combo: High Flow Filter, Catback
    2020 Mustang GT 5.0/10r80 combo: Headers only, 93 self tuned 7.52 1/8

Tuner
    Alright confirmed with the support that the PW reading is an error in the scanner but am now having another issue. The car is running extremely rich. Pulled 40% out of the Whipple cal and bottomed out the fuel trims again so I pulled out another 25% and still rich so went back to a stock maf curve and still rich. Does anyone have a clue about what's causing this? I can post more tunes if y'all would like but write 4+ is all just MAF changes as described
    2015 Sierra 4wd CC L83/6l80 combo: High Flow Filter, Catback
    2020 Mustang GT 5.0/10r80 combo: Headers only, 93 self tuned 7.52 1/8

I'm no expert, but one thing I noticed is that you still have the fuel pump secondary monitor enabled in the fuel sys section. I'm not sure what it does, but on 15-17's, everyone says to disable it. Also, I noticed in your log that your MCT is always -40. Is the temp sensor unplugged?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner46 View Post
    I'm no expert, but one thing I noticed is that you still have the fuel pump secondary monitor enabled in the fuel sys section. I'm not sure what it does, but on 15-17's, everyone says to disable it. Also, I noticed in your log that your MCT is always -40. Is the temp sensor unplugged?
    I noticed that too and have disabled the secondary monitor and fixed the iat2/MCT deal and its doing the same.

I have the same fuel pressure and numbers as you in my 16 tune and the car runs fine. I do have fuel trims pulling 15-20% fuel at idle, but I drove the car around and it didn't run like crap or anything. That's as far as I've gotten because there's snow on the ground here. Are you running a boost/vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator? You mentioned that your fuel pressure is 55 psi while the engine is running. Is that with the vacuum line connected? At idle, your pressure should be less than 55 psi with the line connected.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner46 View Post
    I have the same fuel pressure and numbers as you in my 16 tune and the car runs fine. I do have fuel trims pulling 15-20% fuel at idle, but I drove the car around and it didn't run like crap or anything. That's as far as I've gotten because there's snow on the ground here. Are you running a boost/vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator? You mentioned that your fuel pressure is 55 psi while the engine is running. Is that with the vacuum line connected? At idle, your pressure should be less than 55 psi with the line connected.
    It is boost referenced. We set psi to 55 with engine at idle. Should it be set with only key on?

You should set it to 55 psi at idle, but disconnect the vacuum line from the regulator. Plug the line so there is no vacuum leak, but the regulator port should be open to the air. This way it will regulate the pressure to 55 psi across the injectors. When you plug the vacuum back in, the regulator will lower the pressure because the pressure across the fuel injectors will still be 55 psi as the vacuum in the intake "pulls" on the injector. For instance, if there is 5 psi of vacuum in the intake, the pressure regulator should lower to 50 psi so there is still 55 psi across the injectors.