Thread: 2007 Cadillac Escalade don't start

Potential Tuner

2007 Cadillac Escalade don't start

Hi,

this afternoon I try to disable a DTC on a Cadillac escalade and car don't start after writing DTC OFF calibration, no DTC on diag, I'm able to see engine data, like engine rpm when I'm trying to start.Cadillac escalade ori.hptCadillac escalade P0340.hpt.
    Car start if I write back original file.

Any solution?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    why are you disabling a cam position sensor code? Sounds like you have a mechanical issue to me that needs to be fixed.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    PCM doesn't have to see a cam sensor signal to start. It needs it to determine TDC compression or TDC exhaust. In the absence of a CS signal it will fire the plug and if it starts it will continue to run and sync off the crank reluctor. If it doesn't start it will wait 180 degrees of crank revolution then fire the plug again and will run off that crank reluctor position until the next key cycle then repeat the process. In order for all that to happen it has to see a DTC for a cam sensor. In the absence of a cam position signal and with no CP DTC it won't even try.

Potential Tuner
    I think that the reason of DTC disabling is not the question, I want to know why car don't start after a simple DTC off, can it be a crc problem?

'Yes Doctor I know my leg is broken but I do not want you to fix that, I only want you to make it stop hurting.' Jesus.

Potential Tuner
    "'Yes Doctor I know my leg is broken but I do not want you to fix that, I only want you to make it stop hurting.' Jesus."

no problem, I will remember that next time if I don't need anything I will contact you...

Thanks for this very constructive reply...
    Last edited by Captain72; 01-29-2022 at 08:21 AM.

Potential Tuner
    the problem is not why I'm making this or this, the problem is why car don't start when I writting a mod file inside ECU...

Senior Tuner
    I explained it clearly. Too bad you can't understand it.

car dont start becuz it is broken and you dont want to fix it

car start with broken cam sensor becuz cam sensor code sets and only then failsafe strategy takes over - vroom

car no start with cam sensor code disabled because no code set means no failsafe strategy - no vroom

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    I explained it clearly. Too bad you can't understand it.
    my previous reply was not for you...

And sorry I read again your first reply and I understand why car don't start, thank you (I read to fast the first time sorry).

Just for information and I try to disable this DTC not to leave the car like that (because it take long time to start)! but just to be able to bring the car to technical control because the validity will expire soon, and I will of course repair it after!

Last time this car get this same problem people from Cadillac change, wirring, ECU and finally engine, but now with only 30000kms more it come again...
    Last edited by Captain72; 01-31-2022 at 03:44 AM.