Thread: 2010 charger srt8 need tips for tuning 4000 stall torque converter

Tuner in Training thebrickbandit's Avatar

2010 charger srt8 need tips for tuning 4000 stall torque converter

I have a 2010 Dodge Charger SRT8 with 3.92 gears, 4000 stall torque converter, blue top solenoids. The car is running and driving but I've been doing some reading and every thing I've read says I need to tune for the new converter.... This car is Street and strip.... Any advice on where to start with tuning or what needs to be tuned would be great I am a total rookie... I was able to change the differential gear ratio and the car runs and drives fine but I want to make sure this torque converter lasts and I don't do anything wrong. Plz help! Thanks anyone
    Oh yeah this is a nag1 transmission.
    2010 Charger SRT8
    CAI
    CATBACK
    TUNED
    12.80s on street tires Full Weight

Tuner in Training
    well i cant speak for the nag 1 directly, but generally, a 4000 stall your going to want it to lock up at WOT on the top end to reduce slip and gain MPH at the track.
    your also going to want it locked more often, while crusing around, to reduced heat build up, and return the best fuel economy.

how does the car act now driving it around? part throttle torque converter tuning its really about the fell of it, and reducing heat build up.
    Wot its about getting the car up to speed as fast as possible, and once shes rolling, eliminating the power loss from a slipping 4000 stall.

id at least make sure your locking WOT in the upper gears. 4/5/6, over 5500rpm. And try to have it locked as often as possible when putting around at part throttle

Tuner in Training thebrickbandit's Avatar
    im new to this can u give me an idea on how to do that lol im soorry
    2010 Charger SRT8
    CAI
    CATBACK
    TUNED
    12.80s on street tires Full Weight

Tuner in Training
    it will be under the TCC lockup section. you'll have to try to understand all the parameters and what they mean.
    post your tune and when i get some time ill have a look

Might as well as do a complete trans tune to get the most out of it. Please reach out as my company specializes in Dodge tuning.
    [email protected]

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners