Thread: Let's talk fan control

Tuner in Training

Let's talk fan control

I am making good progress with the swap i am doing but i cannot seem to troubleshoot a fan issue. I am using a Swap Specialties harness that has the relays integrated into the fuse box so the fan wires are the 12v leads to the fan.

Here is the issue:

I have one fan circuit that is alway hot with 12V no matter what is happening.
    I have the other fan circuit that will not ever get 12V not matter what is happening.

I have checked fuses. all good there.
    I have checked the relays and both are good there. PIn87 is getting triggered with 12v when power is applied to the source pin.

When running and scanning, the fan1 and fan 2 status both say off not matter what is happening.

I just have one cooling fan for now. I dont have the ac hooked up yet.

I figure it must be something i am overlooking in the tune somewhere.

Can you guys take a look at the attached tune and see what i might be missing.

Thanks.

Willys Base Tune (fans).hpt

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by teckersley View Post
    I am making good progress with the swap i am doing but i cannot seem to troubleshoot a fan issue. I am using a Swap Specialties harness that has the relays integrated into the fuse box so the fan wires are the 12v leads to the fan.

Here is the issue:

I have one fan circuit that is alway hot with 12V no matter what is happening.
    I have the other fan circuit that will not ever get 12V not matter what is happening.

I have checked fuses. all good there.
    I have checked the relays and both are good there. PIn87 is getting triggered with 12v when power is applied to the source pin.

When running and scanning, the fan1 and fan 2 status both say off not matter what is happening.

I just have one cooling fan for now. I dont have the ac hooked up yet.

I figure it must be something i am overlooking in the tune somewhere.

Can you guys take a look at the attached tune and see what i might be missing.

Thanks.

Willys Base Tune (fans).hpt
    This is a fairly common issue on some of the earlier OS's. You can just use a calibration file for a 2002 application with 12212156 OS and Write Entire. Then you can copy your fuel tables and spark tables, transmission shift points, etc to the newer OS cal file.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...02-12212156-os