Thread: The Ultimate Mustang Project?

Tuner

The Ultimate Mustang Project?

What you are about to read is not stander work, it?s a project I?m working on and it?s not in top of my knowledge, this post is because I?m looking for someone who can help.
    Car is Ford Mustang GT 2008
    1. The car interior, harness, modules (SJB, IPC, SRS, ABS, BCM-B, HAVC) all been swapped from a 2014 Mustang GT.
    2. 2. Transmission is TR6060 from GT500 2014 with all related parts.
    3. Engine is 5.0 from Mustang GT 2017 with it?s PCM.
    For you who don?t know, Mustang 5.0 engine 2011-2014 is called Gen1 and 2015-2017 is Gen2 then we have 2018+ is Gen3. For many reasons Gen2 is the best choice for me but I can?t go with all it?s harness and modules as it won?t fit perfectly and Gen1 do fit very well but the engine is old as of age an tech.
    So what is the challenge here? Long story short the PCM from 2017 won?t communicate with modules from 2014, I can ready them all together in the CAN network but can?t start the car.
    2017 PCM look for data of the car via the BCM that is in 2014 Ford called it the SJB module, I have pinout of all and checked all wiring and can do function test via OBD software as of Forscan or IDS.
    My request here is, can you redo the 2017 PCM software to communicate with the 2014 modules a it?s the 2014 yet manage the engine as it?s 2017? I have both PCMs with me.
    I have IDS with clone VCM2, HPTuner, SCT, OBDLink MX+ and Launch.
    I?m very sure there will be many questions here and I can answer everything I know.

Anyone into this work?
    20220106_202149.jpgIMG_20211121_132011_10_002.jpg
    Simple... Successful... Intelligent...

Tuning Addict
    I think your best solution is to just use the 14's ecm and harness with the gen2's engine. This is what pretty much everyone does for simplicity's sake. In fact pretty much everyone even including Ford when you blow up the pre 15's will swap in the gen 2's whether it just be upgraded internals in a gen1 or the whole engine. You are unfortunately going to lose the better table access of the 17's controller though...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    Where is the creativity with keep doing as everyone? ����

we swapped gen 3 pcm into gen 2 car to use it with 10r and 2 gen engine - works after a ton of thinkering.

gen 1 body is to archaic, would not work properly with gen 2 pcm - do as GH recommended, use gen 1 pcm.

Tuner
    So what kind of work you had to do on the GEN3 PCM? wiring or programing? as of wiring it's all done here but I'm interested to know on the programing side...

Programming was difficult to say the least - our project runs 100% on Port Injection - gen 3 pcm was not really intended to run 100% on PI but it can.
    It's not really that simple you set 100% to PI and 0% to DI - pcm will still look for DI once in a while and you need to be creative to work this around.

The hardware side was the most difficult part, a lot of sensors being completely revised for 3 gen not mentioning the cam reluctors...this is where most
    will hit a wall but was able to solve that problem and VCT works like it should.

It runs like stock right now, even retrofitted the magneride. BCM, RCM, ABS everything works like a stock.

I can talk about this in detail but not for free by any means.

Tuner
    So you replaced BCM, RCM, ABS and all other modules?
    I belive the first thing I have is the name of the BCM in GEN1 it's SJB and I need to find some way (or someone lol) to make the GEN2 PCM to work with the SJB from GEN1

no all modules remained as they were from the beginning

Gen 1 PCM, Gen 1 Coyote, and I did not touch the interior except adding 3 circuits. (one throttle, one AC, and one for backup lamps)
    I will take the "old tech" of Gen 1 over taking apart my interior and other modules.

Tuner
    What I need here is someone who have knowladge accessing PCM software for the part that is related to modules communications, am I on the wrong platform? lol

Tuner
    Never give up, thank you for those who believed in me, Ultimate Mustang is alive!

Full project tutorial will be out in my Youtube channel very soon, stay tuned ��
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdZ8NhAljKu/
    https://www.youtube.com/c/UltimateTuneLtd/