Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 E92 ECU not adjusting for Flex Fuel?

Tuning Addict
    Why would anyone disable front O2's, basically tuning one in open loop and then give it back to the customer that way? It's a good thing Camaro6 pointed all of that out, because I didn't even think to check the O2 settings...

Yes, I disable the heaters for the rear O2's the same time I disable the sensors. I also kill the stuck codes for them too. They usually pass self test showing good to go. All of the neighboring counties where I tune has emission testing, so has to show passed for all of that.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    They will complete readiness tests if you check all the codes, but I'll be honest I've tuned several gen 5s in ol and flex works just fine. This has to be an uncommon issue. Sometimes a car comes in with dumps and only a wideband in a primary o2 bung.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    They will complete readiness tests if you check all the codes, but I'll be honest I've tuned several gen 5s in ol and flex works just fine. This has to be an uncommon issue. Sometimes a car comes in with dumps and only a wideband in a primary o2 bung.
    In LA? How are your customers getting away with that?

Yes, I personally seem to get a lot of the fun particular OS's that don't want to jive with normal ways of doing things, so I have to figure out "new" ways to tune them - usually more in line with some "built in" hidden looking schemes from the OE I've even gone in behind "engineer's" that were supposed to have worked for particular brands and couldn't get the customer's cars figured out - but they get fixated like most engineers do on a small picture or item not working instead of looking at this table over here causing the problem over there... BUT that's mostly on ford products that don't want to cooperate... Also how I learned that the OE outsources A LOT of the tuning code to different people out there instead of controlling or containing everything in house.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    People with dumps don't pass sorry. And by LA I'm in Louisiana not California lol

The regular bolt on stuff that doesn't need rear o2s is what I'm meaning

Tuning Addict
    That's me being stupid with a million things going through my head Just glancing at stuff seems to get me in more trouble than anything

So just rear O2's removed then? I thought you were referring to all O2's being gone with just a wideband installed... When I read "primary" bung I thought you were referring to Pre/primary fueling control bung not just one of the bungs in "general".
    Last edited by GHuggins; 01-30-2022 at 01:11 PM.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    That's me being stupid with a million things going through my head Just glancing at stuff seems to get me in more trouble than anything

So just rear O2's removed then? I thought you were referring to all O2's being gone with just a wideband installed...
    I was being unclear about two scenarios.

Dumped cars (usually Camaros) work fine with no o2s.

More streetable cars pass readiness monitors with no rears.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    I was being unclear about two scenarios.

Dumped cars (usually Camaros) work fine with no o2s.

More streetable cars pass readiness monitors with no rears.
    And with ALL o2's removed they still work with E85 for you? That's interesting... How though? Guess it's using the sensor as the only input then? I would think they would just default at that point.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    And with ALL o2's removed they still work with E85 for you? That's interesting... How though? Guess it's using the sensor as the only input then? I would think they would just default at that point.
    Yes sir, just sensor input. I'll be honest my personal c7 is also in open loop full time right now (plugged in, just disabled closed loop) and sensor works fine.