Thread: 5.3 new cam and ls6 intake tune issues

Tuner in Training

5.3 new cam and ls6 intake tune issues

i just installed a TSP 228r cam and ls6 intake used truck injectors. It idles okay still doesnt seem good yet but once i hold throttle to 18% it revs up then dies to 600 rpm then revs back to 1500 then back to 600 was wondering if anyone can look at tune and datalog to see if its a tune issue. fuel pressure holds at 58psi.

ls6 cam with truck injectors ls240v3.hpt
    bad idle.hpl

Tuner in Training
    TPS needs reset. It's showing voltage at idle. I don't see an IAC count. Need to log that on a DBC system.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by reds13sr View Post
    i just installed a TSP 228r cam and ls6 intake used truck injectors. It idles okay still doesnt seem good yet but once i hold throttle to 18% it revs up then dies to 600 rpm then revs back to 1500 then back to 600 was wondering if anyone can look at tune and datalog to see if its a tune issue. fuel pressure holds at 58psi.

ls6 cam with truck injectors ls240v3.hpt
    bad idle.hpl
    You have several issues going on. It's idling around 12.1:1 AFR. The VE table is a mess. The MAF DTC's need to be changed to MIL on First Error, the Min Airflow Table is way too low at a warm idle.
    You don't hae the IAC position on the datalog. That's very important.
    Did you copy all of the flexfuel injector characterization data into this file?