Thread: 2019 Silverado 6.2 Supercharger tune

Tuner in Training

2019 Silverado Supercharger tune - cutting power

I've been running the Whipple S/C on my '19 6.2 since last March. I've gone through quite a few tunes to get where I'm at. Applicable mods include the Whipple S/C, Cold air intake (GM), CAT back, I was pretty happy with it at the end of this past summer, but have come across a new issue since the temperatures dropped this past winter.
    Anyone willing to checkout the logfile and see what they think? The issue is the truck cutting power when getting into the throttle. Traction control is off. I have really two ideas on what the root cause may be, but I'm not a expert and would appreciate other's viewpoints.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Darkhorse220; 01-28-2022 at 09:14 AM.

Tuning Addict
    Without seeing a tune file it's hard to tell, but from the log it looks like your possibly hitting a torque limit where it's switching from trans to axle and it's cutting throttle to 50%. Keep in mind cooler more condensed air will make more boost and thus result in a higher torque calculation within the ecm's calculations...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    I had a similar thought as well, making more power with the colder and more dense air, in turn exceeding a torque limit and cutting power.
    I might be able to get the tune file uploaded at some point