Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Unknown: 00 3E correction

  1. #1
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    110

    Unknown: 00 3E correction

    Truck I am tuning keeps throwing this unknown master fuel correction. and its not achieving the timing I am demanding.. I have tuned a few trucks now and I havent came across this before

    Any help is appreciated! Thanks

    hunters rev.3.hpt
    unknown.hpl

  2. #2
    Senior Tuner Jim P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,645
    Not sure on that one as the state mapping stops a 003D

  3. #3
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Not sure on that one as the state mapping stops a 003D
    I compared it with another 04.5 I tuned, The only difference I could find was the estimated airflow tables. On the one with no issues the tables were stock, and on current tune with the unknown correction I maxed it out

  4. #4
    Senior Tuner Jim P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,645
    When I look at the fuel state mapping it doesn?t show anything beyond state 3D which is low fuel pressure derate, so I can?t even say what 3E is, it doesn?t appear at all in the Cummins stuff. 3E doesn?t appear in any of the systems possible states.

  5. #5
    Advanced Tuner JaegerWrenching's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Posts
    386
    Have you tried flipping the part throttle Gov switch to disable?

  6. #6
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    Have you tried flipping the part throttle Gov switch to disable?
    The only time it throws the correction is when its full throttle

  7. #7
    Advanced Tuner JaegerWrenching's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Posts
    386
    The log shows me your throttle is at 87.6% when the limiter kicks in and you only hit a max of 94.3%. You have the part throttle stuff maxed out anyways might as well hit the switch and see if it helps, i'd also check to make sure you can achieve 100% throttle and make sure nor carpet or floor mat is in the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRunkle View Post
    The only time it throws the correction is when its full throttle

  8. #8
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    The log shows me your throttle is at 87.6% when the limiter kicks in and you only hit a max of 94.3%. You have the part throttle stuff maxed out anyways might as well hit the switch and see if it helps, i'd also check to make sure you can achieve 100% throttle and make sure nor carpet or floor mat is in the way.
    Oh, good catch! ill check that out