Thread: Innovate SCG-1 WB wont read properly in scanner

Innovate SCG-1 WB wont read properly in scanner

I recently have been using my SCG1 WB through serial port and it was logging correctly but it would keep disappearing when I started logging unless I restart the laptop while it?s connected. I figured I?d try the pro link and see if it helps. It no longer disappears when I start logging but I can?t get it to read correctly, the math I used with the serial port connection doesn?t work. I?ve looked online and found some other values and at first they seem to be accurate but after a while of driving or idling the values are way off between what the gauge reads and what HPT is seeing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by MetalBeardSolid; 01-23-2022 at 05:57 PM.

Tuner
    Get rid of that wideband, get something else

Potential Tuner
    Surely someone has gotten it to work. I'm getting ready to attempt it tomorrow on the scg1. Anyone? We can't just shoot his question dead in the water with a "get rid of that wideband" response. Is there no help on these forums anymore?

Potential Tuner
    I am having the same issue it reads ok but way to many numbers it reads 14.456543 anyone know how to fix this

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 02reddragon View Post
    I am having the same issue it reads ok but way to many numbers it reads 14.456543 anyone know how to fix this
    where exactly is it reading the extra?a decimal points? channels charts grafts? most of these have a decimal point adjustments in there setup pages or channels you can with a right click and add or sub in the decimal menu line

my scg 1 worked great for 3 months now the serial input scaling is all shifted by alot spent 400$ bucks i am going to go see what innovative has to say about it things not even 6 months old yet

Potential Tuner
    what a joke innovative says try resetting your channels list (like i haven't tried that 18 different times on 4 different installs and 2 different laptop computers, d"o ya need me to just online and order a whole nother scg-1 wire that in to see if that also 400$ tird dose it to) well he did say one accurate thing in his 10 word replay "he doesn't know what to tell me" with the meat and potatoes of his reply saying " the serial output is constant and never changes," still trying to figure out just what he was trying to convey with that dare i say its vary einstein in a einstein'ein way. okay well mister einstein i guess ill do your job for you and try and actually help someone maybe no one but i used the transform line in channels there you can add additional math parameters to a channels like my case i believe it was trying to output in both lamda and afr lamda only needing to populate the ones tents and hundreds but being a afr number also needing tens ones tents the 1 in 14.22 was getting dropped so i used the transform function to take the faulty input from serial and revising it with this equation [(input)/1]+10=output effectively (up to only 19 i am aware but if i am seeing afr up above that i have way way bigger problems that need to addressed first) giving me the same reading i am seeing on my gauge that i can also corroborate visually to my thank god for my second accurate AEM afr gauge that is a older but reliable second afr gauge in the truck. with any luck ill figure out a way to bring its solid much quicker data steam in to the scanner so i can rid my self of anything innovative. ill leave a copy below of the reply from innovative pretty entertaining if your into dry slightly twisted seance of humor like myself. lets hope down there at innovative there experiencing like so many these days it seems that good help just cant be found anywhere so they had a sales rep doing the best they know how answering the tech support because if this was there best and brightest well... then... god bless um. or maybe doug today just wasnt your day it wasnt mine either, nothing personal at least you made me laugh thats got to count for something right i think so. i hope i did the same and you had a good laugh at me to cheeres

Hi Jesse

All I can suggest is reset the channel in HP Tuners the serial output is constant and never changes, it just raw data being transmitted, Maybe do a free-air calibration on the o2 sensor.

Thank you,
    Doug

ps "look what you did doug" lol little sum sum thins to any soundman on youtube fans out there who got this one