Thread: 2006 Cummins Tuning

Potential Tuner

2006 Cummins Tuning

Hello All,

I am looking for an entry level platform that teaches about tuning the 2006 Cummins 5.9 and 48RE. I have taken a course from The Tuning School for LS based engines and wasn't sure if there was something similar for the Cummins platform?

I haven't been able to find anything if there is.

Thanks!

Banned
    Nothing exists on the 48RE transmission and is for the most part not very adjustable. It doesn?t take much of changes and it just won?t do what you desire. There is a lot of stuff in the background going on and has boundaries it will operate within and takes some workarounds to get around it all. You won?t really find anything on the 5.9 Cummins either other than what people will share on forums. You can go to HP Academy and go through their couple diesel courses for a general and very very basic diesel tuning concept.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the response Jim P , I will look into HP Academy

Potential Tuner
    Is there anything out there that touches on tuning for larger injectors

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vekaryasz View Post
    Is there anything out there that touches on tuning for larger injectors
    I had a chat with exergy performance about this, they told me compare stock flow sheet with the larger flow sheet. In most cases you will only be pulling pulsewidth in the medium to high load areas, they said to take baby step when pulling fuel and you cant hurt the truck by pulling to much. it will just lose power. also increasing rail pressure is a good idea, when you go up in nozzle size its it take for rail pressure to atomize the fuel properly