Thread: 18' Sierra Denali 6.2l 8l90 commanding 0.85 EQ??

18' Sierra Denali 6.2l 8l90 commanding 0.85 EQ??

my l86/8l90 is commanding ~0.85 EQ under heavy loads and I don't know why (it's not Power or Hot Enrichment). I've noticed this while getting on it but thought it was transitory until I logged while towing and it was commanding ~ 0.85 while on cruise control but under load. 01.19.2022 Towing MCH Denali.hpl005test3_ECM&TCM_Fresh Clean Start Chase's 2018 Denali.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    In those cruise conditions your data shows you are not in closed loop, once it switches back into CL your EQ ratio switches to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillactech View Post
    In those cruise conditions your data shows you are not in closed loop, once it switches back into CL your EQ ratio switches to 1.
    Any ideas why?

Advanced Tuner
    Engine mods? Looks like your torque model has changed significantly, as well as spark timing.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSure View Post
    Engine mods? Looks like your torque model has changed significantly, as well as spark timing.
    LT5 throttle body and tuning is all right now.

Advanced Tuner
    Log fuel system #1 status (sae) it will tell you why it's in open loop.

Looking at your file it very well could be PE (even though the flag always says off). Or a combination of the open loop modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    Log fuel system #1 status (sae) it will tell you why it's in open loop.

Looking at your file it very well could be PE (even though the flag always says off). Or a combination of the open loop modifiers.
    ?OL - Accelerate/Decel?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase08 View Post
    ?OL - Accelerate/Decel?
    That's PE. As a test set your torque thresholds alot higher and see if it stops.

That's PE. As a test set your torque thresholds alot higher and see if it stops.
    Will do, thank you!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase08 View Post
    Will do, thank you!

Any luck?

Any luck?
    I just increased the PE Torque values back to stock yesterday and I?m not sure if it is resolved yet. If it is resolved it?s going to drastically increase my fuel mileage?

Ok, PE settings are all stock and I'm still getting the same issue. I attached the stock tune as well as current tune.. My log from today was too large to attach so I'll trim it and attach it as well.

Shorter log from the other day.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Change knock enrichment to 1 and then just as a test disable COT. These gen5's are sensitive to both of those. If you find it to be COT, then raise your temp thresholds to something like 100 or 200 higher.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Much Much Better, i think it was Knock Enrichment...
    Attached Files Attached Files

That is the craziest thing, I wasn't detecting any knock whatsoever but it was throwing my AFR by 15%... Blows my mind and I've been chasing this one for awhile... Thanks guys for your help on this..