Thread: Starting problems

Tuner in Training

Starting problems

I'm having an issue getting my car to start. it will start and get a good rpm flare then fall on its face. the only way I can get it to start is to peddle it for a few seconds. after I get it past the first few seconds it will warm up and run fine. I can't seem to figure out what's going on. The build is a 5.3 with SS2 cam, decaps and a turbo. I know the tune still needs a ton of work but I have to be able to reliably be able to start the car. I attached a tune and log from trying to start it today. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

The MAF dtc's are wrong, they must be on MIL on first error to fail the MAF.

Are you still running a stock MAP sensor?

Your base running airflow is very high, go back to stock and add just a little bit. Don't double it like it is now at colder coolant temps.

Good luck tuning with decapped injectors, they are nothing but problems.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Do they have to be first error even though it?s a SD tune? Yes stock map for now. I broke my 2 bar and I?m waiting for it to get here.

Yes, the MAF dtc's still matter.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    looking through the tunes I've tried it all went to hell when I changed it to no error reported! I'll switch it back and see what happens. thanks!