Thread: Turbo Airflow Desired vs Turbo Airflow Actual

Turbo Airflow Desired vs Turbo Airflow Actual

Anyone know where Turbo Airflow Desired is calculated from? My desired turbo airflow may be around 30lbs min while my actual turbo airflow is around 38lbs min. May or may not be an issue, but I still want it to match up a little better.

Good question. Got a focus ST in the shop right now for dyno tuning and turbo airflow desired stays stock regardless of what I input in the calibration. Phoned a friend and neither he nor I have any idea how to "turn the boost up" in this 2018 Focus ST 2.0T
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Justinjor View Post
    Good question. Got a focus ST in the shop right now for dyno tuning and turbo airflow desired stays stock regardless of what I input in the calibration. Phoned a friend and neither he nor I have any idea how to "turn the boost up" in this 2018 Focus ST 2.0T
    What does VCM Scanner say is limiting the airflow?

Quote Originally Posted by jr2185 View Post
    What does VCM Scanner say is limiting the airflow?
    On my 2.7, I will see "No Limit Active" for the Airlimit Source. Desired Torque would be greater than Actual Torque. But I will see the throttle plate close whenever Desired Turbo airflow is less than actual Turbo Airflow.

Potential Tuner
    I believe the pressure ratio parameters have some influence on the Desired Airflow, as I was hitting ridiculous desired airflow numbers after maxing the pressure ratio tables. It would jump to the multiple hundreds of desired airflow, with actual going as high as it could, within the other limiters present.