Thread: T87A programming issues

T87A programming issues

When we pre-program a T87a with Tis2web and send it to HPTuners for unlock there is not an issue reading and programming the car. I was told from HPTuners we can send in new unprogrammed TCM's for unlock service without an issue. We sent in 3 TCM's and attempted to install in three separate cars without success.

I followed the following process:
    1) Connect VCM Scanner to the vehicle with the stock TCM installed
    a. Go to ?Vehicle Controls & Special Functions?
    b. Click ?Replace TCM? to start the function (located under System -> General)
    c. Follow the prompts to complete the Replace TCM process for the stock TCM
    2) When prompted, replace the stock TCM with the HP Tuners unlocked one
    3) Connect VCM Scanner to the vehicle with the unlocked TCM installed
    a. Go to ?Vehicle Controls & Special Functions?
    b. Click ?Replace TCM? to start the function (located under System -> General)
    c. Follow the prompts to complete the Replace TCM process for the unlocked TCM

After that I attempt to reprogram with Tis2web and it fails to program with error E4491 and E4423 (attached). HPTuners has told me it is a GM issue and they cannot support it, not sure what process others are doing, might have to end up eating some modules but want to be able to have something on the shelf to install/program without having to wait.

VCMSuiteInfo OEM TCM.txt
    VCMSuiteInfo Unlocked TCM.txt
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

A recent issue I have had since they went to TLC from the regular service programing is if the module in question already has the correct software it will not program. You could do a program a module that was the same software before but there was a warning that it would not be covered under warranty. Now it will not let you.

I hear what you are saying with attempting to reprogram with the same OS, you can get around that by flashing an older OS with HPTuners then "updating" with Tis2wb. This is a situation where it will not even attempt to program, the cal that is in it is still as it would ship new.
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners