Thread: Converting a Diablo .drg File to HP Tuner

Potential Tuner

Converting a Diablo .drg File to HP Tuner

I am new to HP and yes, I did a search and found a thread that partially addressed this but not fully.

I am installing a 2016 6.4 in a 99 Dakota and using A Mopar Crate harness and TCM controller from Sound German.
    The 6.4 is mildly built (was in my son's Ram) and was tuned with Diablo. The Diablo tuner is gone as well as the PCM, however he has copies of the .drg files used to tune the engine. The Mopar Crate harness comes with a PCM without a VIN. Here are the questions:

1. Can the .drg files be converted to the HP tuner format, ie; uploading them directly from my laptop to the HP software and device?
    2. Does the PCM need to be programmed with a VIN for Hp to communicate with it?
    3. If the files can be converted and it is possible to communicate with the PCM, is it just a simple matter of uploading the file using the HP device?
    4. The tunes were written for the 6.4 with a HP70, I am going to be using a NAG1 with stand alone, is there anything in the tune that needs to be "written out" that would impact drivability due to not being able to "find" the transmission?

Lot of questions. I have used Diablo for many, many years and actually am programming a Holly system in my drag car. I am not computer illiterate but at times easily confused Thanks for whatever help that can be provided.

The PCM will have to be flashed as a manual car and build the tune from that. You will also have to read the PCM after the flash to start the edit process with HP.

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

1. Can the .drg files be converted to the HP tuner format, ie; uploading them directly from my laptop to the HP software and device?
    NO, at most it takes a CMR Tuner can Open the DRG tune file and then Cut/Paste the tune changes. Being it was just a mild 6.4, i doubt that old tune is really worth that effort. im a CMR tuner if you want me to look at it

2. Does the PCM need to be programmed with a VIN for Hp to communicate with it? I don't think there will be any issues with Hpt reading the new Mopar PCM regardless of VIN

3. If the files can be converted and it is possible to communicate with the PCM, is it just a simple matter of uploading the file using the HP device? NA

4. The tunes were written for the 6.4 with a HP70, I am going to be using a NAG1 with stand alone, is there anything in the tune that needs to be "written out" that would impact drivability due to not being able to "find" the transmission? I dont think it matters. I doubt the PCM will care but Sound German will tell you. SGE is using a PCS tcm which is pretty bare bones but i hear works well enough.