Thread: lost 6 credits

lost 6 credits

help, I am trying to write to a 12200411 ECU, I went through the basic write procedures, and BAM!!! unlicensed vehicle. the first time. the second time I changed the VIN of the tune that I was trying to write to match the ECU's VIN then BAM!!! unlicensed vehicle. so now I have used 4 credits for nothing!!!! and this happened the first time I tried to use HPTuners, at which time I lost 2 credits.. What do I do now??? I'm tired of throwing money at this. please help??

before I sell this thing can someone tell me what the Heck I did wrong???? so I don't repeat it!!!
    Last edited by Shade_tree_mechanic; 01-25-2022 at 07:57 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sounds like you change it to a vin/os pair you don't have a license for to me. For instance if you license a 2000 Camaro vin/os pair but then change the vin to a 2002 camaro but it still has a 2000 camaro operating system you would not have a license for the 2002 camaro vin/2000 camaro os pairing and the software would need you to license the new vin/os pairing you created.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

My advice is to never change the VIN if the VIN does not matter. Like if there is no emissions testing that involves the VIN, never mess with it. The VIN makes zero difference in how that computer will function.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    My advice is to never change the VIN if the VIN does not matter. Like if there is no emissions testing that involves the VIN, never mess with it. The VIN makes zero difference in how that computer will function.
    p.s. this is getting expensive lol

If I change the vin back "should it work? I am building a custom setup, in a 1976 Elcamino, I have ran this setup before, only the original ECU was reused on another project. I'm trying to get a second ECU setup for this car. by flashing the first program into the new ECU. I had a competitors tuning program before, I sold it to acquire HPTuners since the support seemed better over here. I do some playing around building custom fuel injection systems, so it is not cost effective to have a shop do my pre-dyno work. I do appreciate the help. if I cant get this figured out I'm going to quit the fuel injection, and go back to what I know, carburetors, I just don't like spending 2 hours replacing power valves and re-jetting before a Sunday drive. lol

from an old gearhead, thanks for the assistance
    Last edited by Shade_tree_mechanic; 01-26-2022 at 12:31 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com

service request sent