Thread: 2019 Mustang 5.0 twin turbo

2019 Mustang 5.0 twin turbo

My car is a 2019 5.0 Mustang with the 10 speed and a twin turbo kit that I built myself. I know enough to be a little dangerous but normally get things to work, have tuned 15 or 20 vehicles in my life, most of them my own, but this is my first Gen 3 coyote. My most similar tune was a 2014 5.0 with a 2.3L blower.
    Car is on the dyno and I have 5 psi springs in the wastegates and I am trying to just get started and make 600hp on pump gas. Fuel system is stock minus 47 # FMS injectors. I am having a heck of a time fuel tuning this thing. Idle was not stable with the stock MAF in a 3.5" pipe, so I installed a honey combo air flow straightener and that stabilized things nicely. The problem is I have found the 86.69 lb/min MAF (logging?) limit already, I am at 450 hp at 5000 rpm and it leans out. I only got to this point by using the cyl fuel trim which is also maxed now at 1.49, this seems like a lot of hacker type stuff at this low of power level/air flow. I did the cyl fuel trim because my MAF was showing me unrealistic air flow numbers and I wanted to see if the fuel system could deliver more if requested. It can, the cyl trims moved my lean issues up almost 1000 RPM.

To me is seems there is no way I am moving this much air and fuel at this power level. MAF is not far from throttle body, no leaks. Is there any weird tricks to allow the blow through MAF to work? Anyone have a boosted blow though file that I can look at, (turbo, centrifugal supercharger).. The tune repository only has stock tunes for the gen 3.

Thanks.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y8Th6Z81xAo5SAnA9
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner
    Do you have a log or tune?

We can sell you a good working tune...tuned probably 100's of turbo cars, we do our kits as well.

Pm should you be interested.

Tuner in Training
    did you input all the data for the 47s? you cant just drop in new injectors and use the maf to correct afrs.