Thread: 93octane with Alky kit

93octane with Alky kit

Hope all is well, i tried doing some research before posting but wasnt too successful.

Im currently tuning my 00 camaro with D1SC and was trying to get more information on where is should be Lambda wise while using the Alky kit.

Currently the car is tuned for pump only, from what ive saw and read i could possible make PE on IAT areas but not 100% sure.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Senior Tuner
    It just depends on the combo. Tell us about your engine combo. How much boost are you making?

d1sc
    11lbs of boost.

Senior Tuner
    You'll be safe with a Lambda of 0.78-0.80.

Make sure to make tq right if it’s an auto, otherwise you’ll burn up the trans…
    Set IAT after meth and can build a fail safe to fall on its face of meth fails

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Can you elaborate more or further assist me with what you mean by "Set IAT after meth and can build a fail safe to fall on its face of meth fails"

He means inject meth onto the IAT sensor so the IAT will report an abnormally low temperature due to the methanol rapidly evaporating from the IAT sensor.

then you can program the IAT timing based map to pull a bunch of timing out if the IAT ever rises when the methanol shuts off unexpectedly.

Honestly my personal opinion in this matter is to simply tune the engine without being methanol dependent. Tune it as if there is no methanol, use pump gas timing and boost, and only use the methanol as an added layer of safety.

I've seen enough engines fail due to methanol system suddenly shutting off. Failsafes are great but they are not absolute. It just depends on how easy it is for you to replace the engine, I guess. Cheap engines that replace easily I suppose you could be more methanol dependent.

Tuner in Training
    i agree with the above. dont make the car dependent on the meth. especially if its a street car. last thing you want to do is run out of meth during a long pull and hurt the engine.

So the way my setup is, my iat is tapped into my ls6 intake and my nozzle is on the inatke tube 3" roughly before tb. so right now i learned to tune my car with my alky kit off. and its at about .85 at wot with BE i requested it to be at .78 ..... does this sound right for pump gas? and if i want to run meth i need to make it leaner on the ve table to get max effort out of it. im i understaning this?